Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

Default Re: Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

Well what do you know.... looks like GB have indeed changed the product web page within the last few days..... can any one say, "the horse has bolted"

Is it a coincidence that after a few days of posting a screen shot of the N680SLI-DQ6 product webpage on the Gigabyte Taiwan website, they have now deleted to offending quote?

Here is the proof:

Before:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tures-Copy.jpg

After:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...edfeatures.jpg

Notice how they have removed - "Gigabyte GA-680SLI-DQ6 features several next generation technologies including FSB1333 support for the record-setting Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad Core Processors and Nvidia SLI - memory technology."

Could this be seen as an admission of guilt? Shame GB Shame on you. You have time to go and try to conceal your mistakes but you dont have the time to front the music and face your customers.
    Last edited by Grim; 03-28-2008 at 02:13 PM.

2Grim
    I think your links is a backdown of Gigabyte... So lets see, what happens now.

I tried to ask my seller of this mobo regarding the returning or replacement, but I was bounced via emails...

I don't see it's a big deal over some mistakes at the color box or web page..
    After all, sometimes it's our own fault where we didn't do our homework good enough.

Check on their colorbox stating... Motherboard specifications may not be exactly as shown. Check with your dealer before you purchase...

I bet not only Gigabyte has all this silly mistakes, but to most of the Taiwanese manufacturers..

As long as I'm happy with my board and performs decently.. I won't care whether it can support that silly FSB 1333 Core 2 Extereme Quad core that costs me months of saving money..

My 2 cents,
    Retail 101, if theres a problem with a product for gods sake take down all advertisement and information :-p
    I've worked in some stores where this has happened and the easiest thing is to take down the literature while the problem is being resolved so that it does not create any more problems. i don't think GB are stupid enough to change it with the intention of tricking any of us. they know you guys have screen shots of the offending material as evidence so i humbly offer my opinion that what they have done is merely standard business practice.

But we are still waiting for resolution as you have all pointed out.

Please do not read this post as a flame or taking anyones side. i'm merely suggesting a different point of view from my experience.

Also can i ask, has anyone checked that this new beta bios is identical to the one released several months ago? they may have made modifications to it by now but not given it an updated revision number. If someone from GB could verify any of this it would be good.
    Andrew "Eightball103" Jones

@ son75

This is not just “a feature” this is/was a MAJOR selling point. If they can change things like that because of the fine print (which does not negate the fact of false advertising) what’s next ? A change in chipset specs ? A new socket in a next rev maybe ?

As for GB not being the only one with this “silly” mistakes I agree but others like eVGA did something to make things right instead of letting their customers take the fall.
    Last edited by Blazer7; 03-28-2008 at 05:36 PM.
    ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
    ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
    LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerwild View Post
    Good early Morning to all!
    Yeah/no. Again gigabyte fails to show up for the party, I've had all that I'm going to take. If any of you would like to get a lawyer PM me, I'm good for a few hundoo as this is rediculas!!!!!!!!
    Well I'm off to buy a new mother board of any brand but this. Again anybody wishing to take action here feel free to contact me,, then we can return the favor gigabyte did for us.
    http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL207.../310379984.jpg
    I would like to give Gigabyte one more week to come back with a full refund or a replacement board of equal value that supports what this board claims. If at the end of one week, we still have no reply and no resolution to this issue, you can count me in for a class action lawsuit.

Federal Law

There are several federal statutes that regulate advertising. It is unlawful under federal law for a person, partnership, or corporation to disseminate any false advertisement, or to engage in unfair or deceptive acts. For example, under the federal Lanham Act, a person who uses any word, term, name, symbol or device or any false designation of origin likely to cause confusion or deception, in connection with the sale of goods or services, is liable for civil damages.

What Constitutes False Advertising?

Advertisements that contain representations that are false, misleading, or deceptive are illegal under state and federal laws. To be found guilty of false advertising, it must be shown that the advertisement was deceptive in nature. Proof that the ad actually harmed anyone is not important. Moreover, the intentions of the advertiser are irrelevant, including if the false or deceptive advertisement was a mistake.

What makes an advertisement deceptive?

According to the FTC's Deception Policy Statement, an ad is deceptive if it contains a statement - or omits information - that:

Is likely to mislead consumers acting reasonably under the circumstances; and
    Is "material" - that is, important to a consumer's decision to buy or use the product.
    Last edited by cdfire; 03-28-2008 at 04:50 PM.

@ eightball103

You are probably right about the literature thing. And I don’t think that they are trying to pull anything here as it is well known that we don’t need any screenshots. Many of us still have the box.

Still, what took them so long. It’s been months since the board became EOL’d but they only recently started amending their sites. And they are not even doing this properly. As per my post on page #2 their Australian site remains intact with all that “Intel® Core™2 Extreme Quad Core processors” thing still present.

@ cdfire

Well put.
    ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
    ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
    LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

@ eightball103

Quote Originally Posted by eightball103 View Post
    My 2 cents,

Also can i ask, has anyone checked that this new beta bios is identical to the one released several months ago? they may have made modifications to it by now but not given it an updated revision number. If someone from GB could verify any of this it would be good.
    What’s the point ? According to your site’s article “Users who are intending to use this BIOS do so at their own risk” and “They instructed us to tell everyone that if temperatures are higher than usual, there may be stability issues.”

Everybody here paid good money. I can’t see anyone willing to put their rigs in jeopardy just to check a potentially dangerous BIOS nor can I think of anyone willing to invest in a 45nm Quad Extreme Cpu just to test this “new” beta.
    Last edited by Blazer7; 03-28-2008 at 05:49 PM.

My friends solicitor has filed the case as of this morning. I think he's going to join the forum in the next few days once he has a functional PC so I won't have to keep posting on his behalf.

Incidentally the solicitor expects Gigabyte will settle before the court date ;)

The latest info from Gary (AT editor) is that GB won’t release a 780 board. Janus’s silence on my inquiry on GB’s plans for their next gen high-end mobos (post on page #3) is in sync with that. That said there is little chance, if any, that we’ll be offered a 780 replacement which leaves only a refund or a trade up program as possible acceptable solutions.

It would be nice if Janus, Colin, or anyone else from GB can confirm on this.
    Last edited by Blazer7; 03-28-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information