Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find a GA-X38-DQ6 for sale???

Default Where can I find a GA-X38-DQ6 for sale???

I've searched a bunch of sites, but no luck finding a DQ6 in stock -- anyone know who has 'em?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by mneblett; 03-20-2008 at 08:58 AM.

spec is offline Member

Default Re: Where can I find a GA-X38-DQ6 for sale???

I think it's been replaced with GA-EX38-DQ6, everyone seems to have stocked that one...
    Depends on where you are located I guess..
    Intel Core i5 4670k C0 @4.2Ghz - Corsair H80i
    Gigabyte GA-Z97x-SOC Force (Rev 01, BIOS F6C)
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz DDR3 9-10-9-27 1.5v
    Gigabyte R9 280x OC Windforce

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Small print - All suggestions I give on this forum are just that - Suggestions.
    I'm merely suggesting an approach/opinion which I would have taken - You are welcome to try at your own risk.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Retail $259
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128326

Open Box $229
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16813128066R

And X38 and EX38 are the same aside from the energy saver application
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-20-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks, guys! Didn't realize the energy features were the only difference. Off to NewEgg! :)

Yeap, and if you overclock you wont be installing the app and you would disable the features in the BIOS that use it anyway

Go to the Gigabyte page for that mobo and then on the list there is a where to buy option. I am not sure where you are at but I selected US and you get a list of dealers. Here is one of them.

http://www.3qstore.com/gax38tdq6.html

@LSDME
    Your comment just confused me. So correct me in my thoughts - > If you have a CPU with speed stepping and you OC the FSB, you have to load it up in order to kick the multipliers up and see the full speeds. So if the CPU is in "idle" mode then DES will put the MOBO in "idle" mode as well, which is just lowering the power phases. So when the CPU load gets hefty, the multipliers jump up to full tilt and DES kicks on more power phases.

So how exactly would DES interfere with OC settings? Is it when you start to adjust voltages things get hairy? And to clarify...if you have to disable DES to OC, can you turn it back on once you are finished? I thought DES helped stabilize OC settings as well with the power phase regulation.

DES saves energy just like you are thinking, but when you overclock you turn off TM2, EIST, and speedstep.

And yes voltages are also a issue, in order for DES to work properly you install it at default voltages. And then that is the ONLY time it will run, if you try to adjust voltages and then run it it will tell you to go back and set default voltages in order to run it.

And yes I suppose you could set up a "Default" Bios profile that uses only the defaults and DES, and then only have it on when you choose that profile with no overclock settings. It has nothing to do with stabilizing a overclock, only to "Save the Planet"

Interesting, thanks for the response.

This will be my first GIGABYTE board AND I don't have it set up yet so I am finding a lot of helpful info on here.

No problem!

If you have any issues feel free to post them and I will try to help. Do you have your board yet anyway?

Yeah I have it. I pretty much need a CPU and a case and I will be up and running in no time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information