Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-MA790XDS4 serious problem

Angry GA-MA790XDS4 serious problem

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I've got a serious problem here, I just bought a new computer, assembled it myself, everything's in place and the problem is, there's no post. When I start my computer my fans are all spinning and everything seems all right but there's no image on my monitor, I don't know what to do, I've checked out gigabyte's website and I saw that I need to get the F3 bios version, but how can I update my bios when I can't get into a post, I need some help, here are my specs

mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790XDS4
    cpu: AMD Athlon 64X2 5000+ Black edition (65nm G2)
    GPU: AMD/ATI radeon hd3870
    RAM: Geil 2GB ddr2 667
    PSU: antec 550 watt truepower 2.0
    HDD: WD caviar edition 250gb 7200rpm

Everything is brand new (except for the psu and hdd) and I did some tests and I found out that there's nothing wrong with my GPU, nor with my PSU or RAM, everything is working alright, just no image on monitor, as if my computer doesn't know what do, what bothers me is that I don't know if either my motherboard is DOA or I can't run the default 1.0 bios with that processor. On the website it says I need F3 bios, any help is greatly appreciated.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-MA790XDS4 serious problem

So, can you get into q-flash? By hitting End at boot time? If so flash your bios from there. If not you may need to get a older CPU to use first so you can flash it

Finally some confirmation, thanks for trying to help me, that was the only solution for me, I'm gonna buy an older AMD so I can update my bios, but to answer your question, no I can't get into q flash, I see no bios or post at all, I'm gonna post the result of my bios flashing tomorrow, when I'll get my new(old) cpu in order to flash it. Too bad for the wasted money, oh well, I'll just be happy when my pc will be up and running :)

Well at least you can keep your newest one, just use the older type to flash in the new bios, then sell the older one on ebay

Damn, I just bought a new processor and the pc won't boot up. I guess my motherboard must be DOA, 34,90 euros down the drain(the price for that old processor).

So you got a older one that you are sure should boot? Hmmm

Does it boot up outside your case, with only the gfx card, and one stick of ram in it? Try that

Ok, a quick update, I RMA'd the board and with 35 euros more I got myself a brand new MSI K9A2 platinum. I'm very satisfied with the board but the only downside is that when I want to place the graphics card into the first pci-e x16 slot it touches the the heatsink pipes from the circupipe, but apart from that the mainboard is really astonishing. This is my second MSI board and I think I'm gonna keep buying MSI hardware. A very good overclocker as well, I got my CPU at 3.1ghz and my degrees are very very good, I could OC some more but that would be overkill, thanks for the support lsdmeasap and I hope I won't get any DOA merchandise no more.

Yeap, anytime! DOA happens with all brands, just keep that in mind. It is part of business, not everything is perfect in factories!

Anyhow, glad you got a board and are up and running

I was gonna post that my BE 5000+ fit into th board with no worries. I bought mine around the same time you did. I do know that you had to flash to F3/F4 for the phenom support to kick in.

In My Test
    It Is Ok Too...

So What Is The Answer Of Rma?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information