Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-P35-DS3L Beta Bios question

Smile GA-P35-DS3L Beta Bios question

Hello all I have decided to buy the DS3L and an E8200 cpu. It should arrive on April third.

I understand the board will boot and run fine with the new Wolfdales but the F8a Beta Bios specifically supports the new E8xxx series CPU.

Should I use this Bios or the F8b assuming my board comes with the F7 Bios.

Also does either Beta Bios support the new super I/O code like the other P35 boards???

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3L Beta Bios question

I would say that if F7 supports your CPU, I personally would wait on F8 to be final before installing it. Beta BIOS's are sometimes buggy and may be worse then the BIOS before them until they are finalized. I/O support would have to be answered by Janus

Thanks for the response Lsdmeasap. Didn't realize the Lsd me asap until I typed it.

Rereading my question about the new super I/O code is rather cryptic and thought I should explain what I was thinking.

The MADSHRIMPS site has a review of the GA-P35C-DS3R using the F10 Bios for that board.

GA-P35C-DS3R review

This Bios has some nice new memory overclocking features and the description of the Bios on the Gigabyte homepage is "super I/O code." There are options to choose the memory strap and no longer need to use control F1 to access advanced memory features. I think there is more like an improved "Performance Enhance" feature that doesn't throttle down performance so much in standard mode???

Maybe Janus can tell us more???

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice aint it!

Well as I said Before Beta is Beta, and you know how that could go either way. If you aren't scared, flash it in there, it may work just fine for you. If not flash back, isnt a big deal.

As for the rest, yeah Janus will have to reply about that, or you could ask some users at madshrimps or anywhere who use the same board how the new BIOS is. Make a thread a few places and ask, you may get quick feedback. I know my board has not needed CTRL + F1 for a few BIOS versions, but even then only the M.I.T. Section is shown without hitting the hotkeys, the rest of the hidden BIOS stuff stays hidden unless you use these keys

NOW
    normal BIOS is stilL F7,
    beta bios is F8f

DO YOU NEED?

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    NOW
    normal BIOS is stilL F7,
    beta bios is F8f

DO YOU NEED?
    Yes, I would like a copy of the F8f beta BIOS. Thank you.

The F7 BIOS for the P35-DS3L does recognize the E8400 processor. At first it recognized (333x9), which is the actual spec but a bus speed of 200. After a few reboots the bus speed does read correctly at 333 now.

My Corsair PC6400C-4 memory runs fine at stock speeds of 5-5-5-18 at 1.872v, all set automatically, contrary to some reports on the net. Haven't had time to tighten the specs or overclock yet.

And there is no need for Ctrl F1 in the main menu as all the advanced memory timings are in the MIT section of the BIOS. All I did was choose to set manual timings, making no changes and it shows all the automatic settings.

I also own this board and it has the F9b bios on it. There are no sections in the MIT menu in the bios for manually setting the timings. How can I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by jtillwick View Post
    I also own this board and it has the F9b bios on it. There are no sections in the MIT menu in the bios for manually setting the timings. How can I do this?
    Try Ctrl-F1 on the main BIOS screen. Usually you should see a small flicker on that screen and hopefully the timing values will appear in the MIT menu.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Thread Information