Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P35c Will not shutdown after creating Raid array

Default P35c Will not shutdown after creating Raid array

System shuts down normally with all three hardrives NOT in Raid.
    I want the raptor (see Signature below for specs) as my OS drive and the two Caviars as raid 1 so when I put documents,photos etc. on it I have an automatic backup of my critical data.
    Set the caviars up as raid1 and tried to shutdown, the system (vista 64) seemed to shutdown but the fans did not.
    Running latest Bios F10
    Brian.

GA-P35C-DS3R (rev 1),QX6850,4gig DDR2-800 ram,Palit 8600gt super,Thermaltake 750w PSU,Antec 900 Case.1x74g Raptor (OS) 2x250g caviar Raid 1 (DATA),Vista 64bit

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: P35c Will not shutdown after creating Raid array

Did you install the drivers? And which Ports are you using for the raid?

Default Re: P35c Will not shutdown after creating Raid array

New development, a drive in the array was reported as failed so I removed the array and ran WD diagnostics on the drive and it is perfect (the two caviars are brand new and have been formatted and not used). The drivers have been installed and they are installed on the ICH9R controller.
    I'm not going to bother with the raid in fact i'm not going to bother with this board anymore took 15 weeks to get a board that saved the bios, the sound only works at half volume and now this
    Brian.

GA-P35C-DS3R (rev 1),QX6850,4gig DDR2-800 ram,Palit 8600gt super,Thermaltake 750w PSU,Antec 900 Case.1x74g Raptor (OS) 2x250g caviar Raid 1 (DATA),Vista 64bit

Thread Information