Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GA-X38-DQ6 will not post - reboot cycle

Default Re: GA-X38-DQ6 will not post - reboot cycle

do you (or anyone) know if I'll be able to plug in my RAID drives from the GA-X38-DQ6 into the GA-73PVM-S2H motherboard? (so I can access my stuff while the other is RMA)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

NO you cannot and would likely mess your RAID up. You could only do that with the same chipset and board

ah... so it would have to be the same board (or guess the newer x48 one would be ok)... or will other boards with ich9r work? and only gigabyte ones?
    I was thinking of getting an microatx board for other purposes so was looking to kill 2 birds with one stone.
    Sorry for all the questions!!

A ICH9R would possibly work, but if you data is that important to you then you should ONLY try it with a X38. And to be the safest only a GA-X38-DQ6 of the same revision.

But I think any X38 "Might" be ok, but X48 same NO applies as the above questioned board, it is a different chipset

um.. well I went into town before I got your reply and ended up getting an ga-x48-dq6 as I couldn't find anything else with the ich9r.
    Worked a treat - swapped over all the cables and it didn't even need to import/rebuild the arrays, they were just there!

Hmm, lucky you. Nice to hear though, I have always been told and told others the chipset and controller must be the same.

Either the X48 is so close to the X38 that it does not matter, or since they both has UCH9R that is all that is needed and the chipset dont matter.

Either way, nice to hear you got what you need done while you RMA

Hi,

I am experiencing the identical issue as the original poster. I've tried the provided diagnostic steps, but the problem persists.

I've been running with this mobo for 7 months flawlessly and the endless reboot happens so suddenly.

Any recommendation?

Can you get into the BIOS? Do you have a Floppy ALREADY installed and set as first boot device?

If so let me know and I have some suggestions for you.

If not, you will have to try a proper Clear CMOS procedure and if that does not work you may need to RMA your board.

Unplug your PSU from the wall, Put a Hard drive or Optical Jumper on the Clear CMOS Pins on the board and let the board sit for 20-30 minutes. While you have your case open, also remove all ram but one stick in slot one. After the time is up, remove the jumper and plug your PSU back in and see if you can get into the BIOS. If so, load and apply (F10) Optimized Defaults, then reboot. If all is well put your other ram back in and post back and let me know if you got it working, if so I will suggest some settings for you

Hi!
    I'm experiencing about the same thing too with this mobo after about a year of use with no problems before. Note that I don't overclock or change any settings in BIOS. If I clear the CMOS and restart the computer there is no problem at all during the booting process, but if I load the default settings (Optimized Defaults) the POST screen doesn't appear until after about three or more automatic restarts. I have extensively tested this with different BIOS revisions, with one memory stick only and the outcome is always the same on every cold start or if the BIOS settings have changed so it needs a cold boot. It doesn’t matter if I switch memory sticks so I believe the memory sticks are OK. Does anybody have any suggestions about this behavior?

Tested with…
    GA-X38-DQ6 (BIOS F4-->F9d)
    Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4, 2x1024MB (4-pass Memtest86+ OK)
    Antec Neo HE550EC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information