Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: GA-X38-DQ6 will not post - reboot cycle

Default Re: GA-X38-DQ6 will not post - reboot cycle

Thanks Lsdmeasap!
    I'll try with some other memory sticks and report back.

Exclamation Re: GA-X38-DQ6 will not post - reboot cycle

so,

is there any solution for this reboot problem ?

I have X48-DQ6 and it reboots or hangs randomly.

see it here:

Code:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/gigabyte-x48-dq6-reboot-hang-problem-27292/
    Last edited by Albertwt; 08-09-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

*Edited post*

I will post in your thread
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-09-2008 at 09:43 PM.

I am experiencing the same problem with my ga-x38-dq6, endless recycles, no post beeps unless I remove all ram. It happened after I unplugged it to move it to the new desk. RMA'd it back to Gigabyte and they supposedly replaced the bios and sent it back. It still does the same thing as before. I have tried different vid card, different ram, different power supply and different cpu. When I say different parts I mean different parts but exactly the same as what I pulled out of the system. I am now trying the cmos reset jumper with power supply unplugged for ten minutes suggestion. I will then try the bios floppy suggestion. Next thing is to send it back to gigabyte and demand a new board not just a repair of my old one. Hopefully someone has another suggestion.

Exclamation Re: GA-X38-DQ6 will not post - reboot cycle

After all long battle with Gigabyte Motherboard, now I finally change my mind to ASUS which is now stable and I'm happy with Asus Rampage Formula II.

how come Gigabyte got this kind of prbolem for most of their Motherboard ?

Cheers.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Came across this thread because I was experiencing the same reboot cycle... sorry to resuscitate an old thread, but I wanted to post a solution for anyone else who runs into this.

The problem is that because the board cycles, you can't get into the Q-Flash or boot from a floppy to update the BIOS. The board starts, runs for a few seconds but has no video display, then powers off.

Pulling the plug as suggested didn't work for me, but the following did: Power on the system, then press and hold the power button in for 4 seconds or until the power shuts off and stays off. Then hit the power button again to start back up. By forcing a shut-down, you break the cycle, and the board will now boot, with video display and everything.

Pretty simple, huh?

Wink Re: GA-X38-DQ6 will not post - reboot cycle

(-_-)" no poblem man,

I've exchanged this Gigabyte mainboard with Asus Rampage Formula II already and it works well until now :-)

Cheers.

I see there are posts of this happening in other boards, not just the X38-DQ6... I'll be curious to see if this solution works for them as well.

I can't believe I RMA'd a board because of this... waited a month, maybe more for the replacement, and it did the same thing.

I've read all sorts of threads where people replaced RAM, CPUs, Power Supplies... turns out it isn't hardware-related at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sngbrdb View Post
    I see there are posts of this happening in other boards, not just the X38-DQ6... I'll be curious to see if this solution works for them as well.

I can't believe I RMA'd a board because of this... waited a month, maybe more for the replacement, and it did the same thing.

I've read all sorts of threads where people replaced RAM, CPUs, Power Supplies... turns out it isn't hardware-related at all.

Yes, that is quite surprising from a big manufacturer like Gigabyte, my board was X48-DQ6 !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information