Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP35-DS3R 2.1 F3b Bios-DDR2 Voltage, Reboot 5 sec Loop

Default Re: GA-EP35-DS3R 2.1 F3b Bios-DDR2 Voltage, Reboot 5 sec Loop

Yes, STR work for me. I put it in STR for 10 min, it come back and run prime95 for 30min then I put it back in STR again. It didn't come back the second time. It goes into the 5 sec reboot loop(on and shut down every 5 sec). I pulled the power and now windows is dead. No Windows loading screen, just black! Tried to load windows safe mode, but it froze after loading ACPI driver... FYI I will try to play some more tonight and post updates. Btw, I got 426*7 stable on Q6600. I think the limitation is the CPU@2.4 or 2.2 Ghz. I think Intel selectively pick good cpu for reviews. :( Another marketing scheme! Should have waited for Q9350! Increase FSB and MCH does not improve my overclocking forsome reason! I still have to keep cpu voltage high. 1.525V@3.2Ghz either at or 400*8 or 356*9 or 3 Ghz @426*7.

DaveJohn, I have fan off in STR. I think I installed windows w/ S1. That was w/ F3b though. I will try to install windows w/ S3@F2 Bios.
    Last edited by last0ne; 04-02-2008 at 11:51 PM.

Btw, I don't have hibernation tab or feature on my winxp x64 also.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hmm, sounds like they finally have it partially working. Although I would still suggest not using Any method of it, since it can cause the reboot cycle... you dont want that to go into a constant cycle and have to RMA

Lsdmeasap, can you tell me what happened in the past with reboot cycle? I have reboot cycle but able to get out of it and seems to work fine. Did people get stuck in reboot cycle and couldn't get out? Or some hardwares damaged?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well, sometimes it does get stuck, other times it can do it a few times and be fine. Sometimes I have seen mine do it 3-4 times then go to default.

Just safer to try to avoid doing it all together so you dont get it stuck I think, I am not sure what causes it to do it continuously, but I think that may be one of the contributing factors because I see more and more people trying to use this feature. I have made my GA boards reboot to default several 100 times doing overclocking and messing with thing and it always does go back to default. I think because I do not try to use resume.

I have found that trying to low of a TRD (Static tRead Value=Performance Adjust) makes my boards do it more times then anything

I've seen posts were people were stuck and had to unplug the PSU and remove the CMOS battery in order to get it to boot again. So far I haven't experienced that.

2therock is offline Member

Try holding the delete key down during the cycles?

I have the same board. I had a similar issue when experimenting with clocking. It would double boot and not save clock changes. A couple of times it would cycle over and over.
    Turned out to be the legacy device setting in BIOS. I unplugged all usb storage devices and all was well. Disabled it in BIOS.

I got out of the loop by hitting the reset with te delete key pressed. I would go to BIOS then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information