Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Concerning DDR800 Memory and the gigabyte ga ma790x motherboard.

Question Concerning DDR800 Memory and the gigabyte ga ma790x motherboard.

Due to a recent email from Gigabyte tech support, I found out that the BE 5000+ proc has a built in memory controller that does cpu/7 as the ratio. What Im wondering is, if there will be a bios update that allows us owners for the 790x board to change the FSB:DRAM ratio so that we may overclock separately? Currently, in order for me to get DDR800 speeds, I have to oc the FSB to make it more in line. That means 150mhz bump.

On another note, I love this motherboard. I can crossfire with it, runs cool and stable and is very nice to oc with. I also like the CTRL+F1 hidden access stuff. Though Im not sure what most of that means. Thanks so much.

Default Re: Concerning DDR800 Memory and the gigabyte ga ma790x motherboard.

i dont tink u can change the FSB:Dram ratio just like that. It is determined by the fsb of ur cpu, i.e the hypertransport bus and the built in SPD of ur memory.

What u can change, however is the memory SPD multiplier which increases or decreases the memory speed. So in this way if u lower it to a certain point, and Oc the cpu, it will eventually fall into place.

Though i cant guarantee this method since amd's dont overclock that well. But u can give it a shot
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Default Re: Concerning DDR800 Memory and the gigabyte ga ma790x motherboard.

Set Memory Clock
    Determines whether to manually set the memory clock. Auto lets BIOS automatically set the memory clock as required. Manual allows the memory clock control item below to be configurable.

Thread Information