Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: No Beep, No BIOS Access...




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: No Beep, No BIOS Access...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I would choose the GSkill or Super Talent (Only because of the better timings for 800Mhz) GSkill is the better brand of those 3.

    All will work fine though, but you will need to manually adjust the timings to what you plan to use
    OK, i may just spring for them because i don't have extra memory to use for testing; i'll rma the ballistix, and sell the return set when i get it.

    so getting the error beeps without memory is a good or bad sign? without more, what does it tell me?

  2. #12
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: No Beep, No BIOS Access...

    It possibly could be more then just the memory, but I would have to hear the beep

    Did you look up the error in your manual? It is too bad you cant find or borrow a stick for testing, as you may or may not need new RAM. But it is likely.

    Can you tell yet what the beep is? Can you record it and post it here for me to try and tell?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: No Beep, No BIOS Access...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    It possibly could be more then just the memory, but I would have to hear the beep

    Did you look up the error in your manual? It is too bad you cant find or borrow a stick for testing, as you may or may not need new RAM. But it is likely.

    Can you tell yet what the beep is? Can you record it and post it here for me to try and tell?
    I will try to record a sound file of the beep code tonight; do i just add it with the attachment button?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: No Beep, No BIOS Access...

    Quote Originally Posted by p1763 View Post
    I will try to record a sound file of the beep code tonight; do i just add it with the attachment button?
    i'm not sure what to do about this, but the .wav file i just made is over 4 mb in size. could i email it to you?

    to me, it sounds like 3 beeps, then a small pause, followed by continued beeping at the same pace as the first three--it seems to beep forever after the first three!

  5. #15
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: No Beep, No BIOS Access...

    You can upload it to anywhere you like and post the link

    Contiunous beeps short is a PSU error, long is Graphics card. Do you have another of either to test this?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: No Beep, No BIOS Access...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You can upload it to anywhere you like and post the link

    Contiunous beeps short is a PSU error, long is Graphics card. Do you have another of either to test this?
    4shared - free file sharing and storage - share folder - My 4shared

    here is the sound file!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: No Beep, No BIOS Access...

    Quote Originally Posted by p1763 View Post
    how weird!

    i just moved the memory stick that had been in ddr slot one, to ddr slot 2; i did this after resetting the cmos overnight and trying to boot up without any sticks in at all--that was when i got the beep code above.

    guess what, she booted up! i set the 'optimized defaults' and upped the ram voltage to +0.4 to give me the 2.2 in thwe ballistic spec.

    should i try the other stick in ddr slot 4?

    what do you think?

  8. #18
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: No Beep, No BIOS Access...

    Well yeah, If you have one in 2 then the other must go in 4. But I would if I was you try getting them going in 1+3.

    And again 2.2 is HOT and not needed for that ram. Last time I am going to suggest that, seriously. Spec is spec, and spec kills crucial google around about crucial dying and crucial RMA and you will find most all die at spec or under. So best to run 2.1 that is all it needs.

    Ill have to grab that file later tonight when I get home. Good luck until then

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: No Beep, No BIOS Access...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well yeah, If you have one in 2 then the other must go in 4. But I would if I was you try getting them going in 1+3.

    And again 2.2 is HOT and not needed for that ram. Last time I am going to suggest that, seriously. Spec is spec, and spec kills crucial google around about crucial dying and crucial RMA and you will find most all die at spec or under. So best to run 2.1 that is all it needs.

    Ill have to grab that file later tonight when I get home. Good luck until then
    I'll go with 2.1 as you suggest. I'll try a few other memory slots later today too, if I have the time.

    Thanks for your continued feedback!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: No Beep, No BIOS Access...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well yeah, If you have one in 2 then the other must go in 4. But I would if I was you try getting them going in 1+3.

    And again 2.2 is HOT and not needed for that ram. Last time I am going to suggest that, seriously. Spec is spec, and spec kills crucial google around about crucial dying and crucial RMA and you will find most all die at spec or under. So best to run 2.1 that is all it needs.

    Ill have to grab that file later tonight when I get home. Good luck until then
    OK, I dropped the ram voltage to 2.1, and then i moved the stick i had in slot 2 back into slot 1 and she booted up! should i use memtest again, or just add the other stick to slot 3 and see if it still boots, and then do memtest or just forget about memtest for now?

    Let me know what you think!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •