Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Beep, No BIOS Access...

Default Re: No Beep, No BIOS Access...

Put the 2nd stick in and pound it with memtest86+ good luck

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeah, you would want both sticks in their respective channels either way then run memtest and try to get your timings fixed until you get your ram stable

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yeah, you would want both sticks in their respective channels either way then run memtest and try to get your timings fixed until you get your ram stable
    What timings should I use--the Auto setting? The 4-4-4-12 spec didn't turn out too well last time!

Welll start with high timings and work your way down. Start with the high ones and then best thing to do is test, lower ONE SETTING, test some more, Lower ONE SETTING, test some more and so on. Just dont get to comfortable and start making a bunch of changes at once or you will never know what causes the errors.

When lowering, leave all the high setting for subtimings where they are until you have found your main settings first

CAS Latency Time_____________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay______ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_____5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)________15

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_______3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay______3-4 or 9-11 (this is like this because Some boards do not interpret correctly, You want 11 to show in memset here)

Write to Precharge Delay______3-6
    Refresh to ACT Delay________42
    Read to Precharge Delay_______4-5
    Static tRead Value_______________7-10
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would go ahead and try this first and see if it errors or not, if it does go ahead and start with the above settings

CAS Latency Time_____________ 4
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay______ 4
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_____4
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)________12
    Rank Write to READ Delay______3-4 or 9-11 (this is like this because Some boards do not interpret correctly, You want 11 to show in memset here)

Write to Precharge Delay______3-5
    Static tRead Value_______________7-8

Welll start with high timings and work your way down. Start with the high ones and then best thing to do is test, lower ONE SETTING, test some more, Lower ONE SETTING, test some more and so on. Just dont get to comfortable and start making a bunch of changes at once or you will never know what causes the errors.

When lowering, leave all the high setting for subtimings where they are until you have found your main settings first

CAS Latency Time_____________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay______ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_____5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)________15

Write to Precharge Delay______3-6
    Static tRead Value_______________7-10

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would go ahead and try this first and see if it errors or not, if it does go ahead and start with the above settings

CAS Latency Time_____________ 4
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay______ 4
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_____4
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)________12

Write to Precharge Delay______3-5
    Static tRead Value_______________7-8
    I'm trying the bottom bunch of settings you listed with memtest right now; i cannot find where Rank Write to READ Delay is shown in memtest though!

can you point me in the right direction to find the setting in memtest?

Memset not Memtest It is a "Live" edit memory timing program >>>
    Code:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92190
    Be carerfull, you can crash your system instantly with it. I use it only to test certain things that I know will work, or to look at what things are running at. If you do make changes to do testing, change only one thing at a time and if it is stable go make that change in the bios, and come back for more testing

And here is a chart of Memset Vs Bios Titles incase you get things mixed up Which can easily be done since wording is different >>>>
    Code:
    http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/reviews/311-gigabyte-ga-x38-dq6-blog-14.html#post6154
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-15-2008 at 12:27 PM.

Memset not Memtest It is a "Live" edit memory timing program >>>
    Code:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92190
    Be carerfull, you can crash your system instantly with it. I use it only to test certain things that I know will work, or to look at what things are running at. If you do make changes to do testing, change only one thing at a time and if it is stable go make that change in the bios, and come back for more testing

And here is a chart of Memset Vs Bios Titles incase you get things mixed up Which can easily be done since wording is different >>>>
    Code:
    http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/reviews/311-gigabyte-ga-x38-dq6-blog-14.html#post6154

OK, that had me confused!

so i need to install an os before i use memset, is that correct?

i'm running memtest86+ now and after 26 passes i've got zero errors; i'll post my exact memtest setting in a bit to see what you think.

Well yeah, Memset is for within windows.

Sounds like you are good with 26 passes and no errors. The setting I mentioned to compare you find in the BIOS and not in either memset or memtest. There really isnt settings in memtest, just you can choose test #'s

But hey, for now with no errors you dont even need to post your bios settings, sounds like you are stable and can go ahead and install you OS. You really could have done that before you are stable if you wanted and then work on stability as you go. But I don know what you mean by wanting stable first. I think you are safe enough to install now

Then you can work on lowering your memory timings, if you want later on

Well yeah, Memset is for within windows.

Sounds like you are good with 26 passes and no errors. The setting I mentioned to compare you find in the BIOS and not in either memset or memtest. There really isnt settings in memtest, just you can choose test #'s

But hey, for now with no errors you dont even need to post your bios settings, sounds like you are stable and can go ahead and install you OS. You really could have done that before you are stable if you wanted and then work on stability as you go. But I don know what you mean by wanting stable first. I think you are safe enough to install now

Then you can work on lowering your memory timings, if you want later on
    Lsdmeasap are you still around?

I have been running problem free since we last had an exchange on here. Sometimes my Power Fan stops working, but aside from that, all is well.

I was curious if you could tell me how high I can set my FSB without tweaking additional settings--I'm running 200mhz right now, which is stock for my e2180.

Let me know, I'd appreciate it...

Yeap, I am still here.

Well upping the FSB directly relates to your cooling situation and your Vcore you set. You will just have to up it slowly until it fails, then that is when you know you need to add more vcore. It is simple to do, but as you know takes a little bit of time is all.

You always would need to tweak some settings, as you increase the FSB other things are increased as well.

Let me know what you are wanting to shoot for and I will give you some suggestions. I see some using their E2180 24/7 at 3Ghz with 1.3V -1.4V I see some running 3.6 at 1.5+ on water

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information