Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP35-DS3P F2/F3 BIOS wont overclock

Default Re: GA-EP35-DS3P F2/F3 BIOS wont overclock

Bteheart, have you tried load optimized setting after flash? I had to do that in order it let me overclock. (I think that was my problem.) Try to disable cpu fan control and set thermal protection to 70C. Then see if it will overclock. I had problem overclock at the beginning(with F3b and F2) but it went away after tinkering w/ other settings beside in M.I.T category.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, thanks! I forgot to suggest that! That should always be done after a BIOS flash.

Hopefully that is what we were overlooking.

Did the "load optimized" all 3 times. have not tried CPU fan control or the thermal setting. seems kind of random but I will give it a go.

thanks for the suggestion and I will try to post my settings tomorrow.

Make sure you load optimized then save and reboot. Do not load optimized and play with settings then save and reboot. Just want to make it clear.

2therock is offline Member

My GA-EP-35-DS3R did the same thing. Turns out I unplugged my external USB 500GB MyBook HDD and she went. I had a CF card in my USB card reader also and had to remove the card.
    This was only needed when exiting and saving from a BIOS clock adjustment.
    There may be a simpler way but will not try it until I clock again.
    In Integrated Peripherals, Disable "Legacy USB Storage Detect". Mine is disabled right now and no ill side effects. It may solve the unplug thing.
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Motherboard
    Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770K clocked @ 4.5GHz
    16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 2133 RAM
    Water cooling by XSPC RASA RS240 Kit
    Sapphire HD 6850 1GB DDR5 GPU
    1TB - RAID1 setup with Western Digital 6GB/Sec Drives
    Corsair HX750W Professional PSU
    Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601

I have the same board and I have the same problem. When I first started using the board, I stayed at 333x9 to give me 3 GHz on my Q6600, but two weeks ago, I restarted and it defaults at 267x9 everytime out of the gate, no matter what I do in the bios. I've tried loading the defaults and everything and it clearly shows my setting in the bios as 333x9, but when it posts, it remains at 267x9 (2.40 GHz). We're both running Quad Q6600's, maybe that is the problem :( I haven't tried flashing the bios since I first got it (F2), maybe the problem lies there.

My apologies, the F3 bios is what I have, not F2

Littlemac,

Sorry for your pain but glad somebody is experiencing the same thing so I know I'm not crazy.

Tried the CPU fan setting that didnt help. Have disabled the legacy USB support as I read that somewhere else - no luck. Did Load optimized then reboot then change settings.
    I will try to post images of all the BIOS settings tonight but I have a feeling something went bad during the initial overclock and now the board is bad.

FYI - Posted this question to Gigabyte Tech support 3 days ago and have not heard anything

Cool, let's keep this thread going as more people might find it with the same problem and can offer helpful suggestions that can hopefully defeat this problem

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, Please post images of each BIOS page (After control + f1 of course) maybe I will see something you guys are missing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information