Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP35-DS3P F2/F3 BIOS wont overclock

Default Re: GA-EP35-DS3P F2/F3 BIOS wont overclock

Hi Guys,
    Looks like I have the same problem. my board is a slightly different version though its the GA-EP35-DS4. Running a E8400.
    I cant seem to change the fsb up. can sometimes change it down and it will post. Even setting the multiplier down cant push the fsb up. I have gone through all the bios settings and tested off and on for most and still doesnt work. Is becoming very frustrating ;c)
    spent some $'s to get a nice aircooled system and cpu is sitting at 21deg c at idle and seems like a big waste. The only thing I havent done is flash the BIOS.
    Any help from anyone would be great. I will endevour to post some bios pics on monday.

Frustrated Overclocker to be?

Angry Re: GA-EP35-DS3P F2/F3 BIOS wont overclock

Gigabyte's response to my problem: "Unfortunately any results from overclocking is not guarantee, try eliminating some components on your system such as single module of memory installed"

Took photos of all the BIOS screens but forgot to email them to work so will upload tonight.

Assuming current setting is fsb@266. Can you guys set it to run at 267? This didn't work for me when I had overclocking problem: it just resets back to 266. Let me know esult your result from this.

I believe I'm at 267x9 but I'm at work. Whatever it is I can change the multiplier but not the clock speed.

This means you can overclock resulting the problem lies somewhere else beside the hardware. I think you set your pci_x bus on auto. This leads to the throttling of pci bus. Set it to 102. Anyway, we are awaiting screenshots of BIOS settings. We will know the problem then.

267 is stock. 266.67 rounded up for display. I cant change it to 266 or any other frequency. here are the screenshots - i will post a few more in the next messages.
    Attached Files Attached Files

more pics

Last one. CPU-Z shots in case that helps.

I vouch for those settings, mine are exactly the same and am getting the same error he is.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Have you guys tried turning OFF the resume features? All of them. I am not sure if I have said in this thread or not, but surely you have read it. GA boards have issues with Suspend/resume. I suggest you turn off all those settings in power management and see if that helps

And turn off HPET if you are not in vista. Also turn off Legacy USB detect as well for now
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-13-2008 at 05:14 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information