Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice On Virtual Dual Bios

Default Advice On Virtual Dual Bios

I've got a GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0, I plan to upgrade from my E6600 to one of the new 45nm chips soon and I know I'll have to upgrade my BIOS from it's current F4.
    Obviously I want to do this in the safest way possible, I've read in the specs on the Gigabyte page for my board that it supports virtual dual bios but there's nothing in my manual about how to set this up or how to use it if a board goes t*ts-up after flashing the BIOS.
    Can someone tell me more about it and how to use it please?

Default Re: Advice On Virtual Dual Bios

It's basically an automatic system....not much you can do except watch it.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Do Flash using Qflash with a USB or floppy, I just see more and more @BIOS failures each day. Just posted a reply to one here at the top of the forum.

And yes, HemiRick is right, You have no control over this other then to try to ensure you do a proper BIOS flash. Not in windows

I wonder if anyone has ever been saved by the newer generation virtual dual bios. It seems it's breaking more than it could ever be able to fix.
    GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
    i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
    32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
    Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
    Seasonic G-550

Yes, I have read it works............

But Sadly I have read 1000X's more about it not working, Dual or Quad BIOS

Thanks for the replies lads.
    Don't worry, I wasn't planning to use @bios, I've heard nothing but problems arising from that.:-)

Is there a diference between Dual BIOS and Virtual Dual Bios?
    As I was looking on gigabyte web site at the comparation sheet between the revisions 1.0 and 2.1 of the P35-DS3R motherboards i saw that 2.1 has Dual Bios "Yes" while the 1.0 has "Yes(Virtual Dual Bios)".

I've updated the BIOS on 2 boards P35-DS3L (1.0)&(2.0) to F8a and on a P35-DS3R (2.1) to F11 using @BIOS utility and had no problem with any of them, guess i was lucky. First I tryed to load it with qFlash from an USB stick formated FAT32 but it wouldn't recognize it, I had no floppy at hand so I did it with the @BIOS.
    Anyway, my question is: "Is there a diference between Dual BIOS and Virtual Dual Bios?"

I have a 2.1 Ds3P and it has 2 physical BIOS chips on it, so it has Dual BIOS, the virtual DB only has 1 physical chip. The virtual chip is a backup copy stored on a drive.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

You probably just need to reformat that USB stick and add your BIOS back on and try again, For next time!!! Just so you know it will show as a actual "Hard Disk" in Qflash

Thanks for the info . Actually the USB stick was just formated before i copyed the bios on it. In QFlash my choices were A: and B: (both floppy) and my floppy drive is not even installed. Is there any specific USB port where to plug it in in order to be recognized? I have both USB mouse and keyboard, the rest of the USB ports were empty at the time and all the bios settings regarding USB ports were enabled. Anyway I hope I won't need to upgrade the bios anytime soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information