Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A quick question about bioses and mobos of different revisions

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: A quick question about bioses and mobos of different revisions

No, Bloodlust I didn't see your post. Pm me there if you like

Marlin, I am not sure about your first question Janus Will have to answer that, but for your second one no, you would not have to reinstall windows

So just to get my facts right I am able to replace my GA-P35-DS3 rev 2.0 (old) with either the GA-P35-DS3 rev 2.1 (new) or GA-EP35-DS3 (newest) without having to reformat my windows???? as I have access to the EP35 DS3 as a strait swap for my old DS3 rev 2.0, this would give me the abillity to o/c my DDR2 1066 to over 1200 and FSB of 1600.

Yes to the swap of boards. Your ram and CPU would be the deciding factor on your overclock not so much the board. That 1200 is "Official Support" but any version of the board, even older 965 boards will do 1200 ram and 1600 FSB, you just have to have good ram and cpu, and find the right overclock settings.

So point being, there is no need for you to buy a newer revision P35-DS3 to overclock, your revision will overclock just as high as the new revision will. I am running 1700 FSb right now, and have ran 2000FSB on my board P35-DS4 that does not support that "Officially" >>>

If you want I can reboot and boot into windows for some 2000 FSB and 1200 Ram images for you if you would like to see that it is the ram and CPU that decides this and not the board itself. Sure some boards wont do certain things, but your board will indeed do 1600+ FSB and 1200Mhs ram if you have the right ram and CPU

Here is 1800 FSB on a board that only supports 1600 FSB

I could not do 2000FSB 1200 Ram because I would have to go get my other ram, and my old lady is sleeping where it is at

But do you see what I mean, it is just a sales pitch, if your CPU and RAM will do it your board will. In this case we are speaking of anyway

They are great numbers, unfortunately my P35-DS3 rev 2.0 officially supports 1333 FSB and 1066mhz DDR2, as I have found in many other forums this board will not supprt ram running faster than 1066 BUT the rev 2.1 or EP35-DS3 officially supports 1600 o/c FSB and 1200 o/c DDR2. So all I was getting at was to swap my M/B for the EP35 without having to pay a cent or to reformat and would solve my O/C issues for now anyway.

Well my point was my board doesnt support what it does either. So I meant your board now will do the same as the new one with the right ram and cpu.

But yeah if you can get a swap out for free, why not!

Ya, no need to format or reinstall windows

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    No, Bloodlust I didn't see your post. Pm me there if you like

Marlin, I am not sure about your first question Janus Will have to answer that, but for your second one no, you would not have to reinstall windows
    Thanks, will PM you there if the need arises.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information