Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

kpo6969 is offline Member

Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Quote Originally Posted by badonkadonk View Post
    I think its some kind of fault with the design of the P35/X38 chipset boards and its not gonna be fixed properly.

The P45 miraculously dont have the problem, so they must have found the cause of it.

That would suggest the P35 are not fixable or they would have used the same fix for P45 on the P35 boards. Get it??
    Yes I get it. I was not addressing you personally. If you don't work for Gigabyte no further replies are needed.
    You switched out your X38 DQ6 for a P5E, glad it's working out for you. The beta F9 didn't help you I suppose.

"I had some strange slow system aside from DPC latency on the DQ6 but it is solved with the P5E. Its been an expensive excercise, i spent $800 dollars trying to sort it out. $200 Ram, $350 PSU and this P5E $250

I still like Gigabyte but i'll probably just use their lower end boards for cheap systems, for people who just surf the net and stuff. Otherwise no high end Gigabyte for me."

Yes I get it, it doesn't make it right though.

I have an EX38-DS4 mb, which had the latency spikes, but I got a beta BIOS from Janus and the spikes are gone. Beside a minor bug in the BIOS, I've done some overclocking and everything is behaving quite nicely.
    GA-EX38-DS4 V1.0 BIOS F6c
    Q9300
    Mushkin
    Gigabyte 8600GTS
    Corsair HX-520W
    Samsung SH-203D Burner
    Windows XpSp3

That's good
    Seems like I'm out of luck though.
    F8t no good
    F8i no good

F8n is also a no go according to this, post #279
    RE: Gigabyte P35 motherboards and DPC

What I don't understand is I was sent F7 also to try. F7 came with the board, booted and all that, but F8a is the offical added support bios for Wolfdale.

OH sorry kpo6969, my comments were not directed at you personally, i was just commenting generally for everyone with this issue.

I just wanted to make the point that the P45's dont have it, so they must have found the cause and the P35s still have it (mostly) so it doesnt look good for a complete fix or they would have done it by now. I cant imagine the Gigabyte team is still working much on this issue with the P45 boards out that need their attention.

Anyhow i hope you get it sorted.

Tried every BIOS including new beta BIOS 13k for my GB-P35-DS3 rev 1.0 with no luck. Still stuttering audio and DPL-latency up to over 100000. I feel stupid for trying so hard getting this MB to run properly.

Can anyone recommend a working MB for quad CPU, DDR2 RAM, Creative Fx and Nvidia 8800, Running Vista 32bit.
    /Op9618

OH sorry kpo6969, my comments were not directed at you personally, i was just commenting generally for everyone with this issue.

I just wanted to make the point that the P45's dont have it, so they must have found the cause and the P35s still have it (mostly) so it doesnt look good for a complete fix or they would have done it by now. I cant imagine the Gigabyte team is still working much on this issue with the P45 boards out that need their attention.

Anyhow i hope you get it sorted.
    Thanks, no offense taken.

I too have been considering an upgrade now to another board...I will research this much more now as I feel silly for buying my board and having an issue like this
    EP35 DS3P (F4 bios), Q6600 @3.0GHZ, Zalman 9700, 4GB Mushkin 6400 EP, Corsair 620HX, Antec Nine Hundred (2 intake front, rear and top exhaust), Sapphire HD4870 512MB, 2X Raptor 150GB RAID 0, Xonar DX, 2X DVD Drives, Dual Boot XP Home and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

I cant imagine the Gigabyte team is still working much on this issue with the P45 boards out that need their attention.
    Yup, but that's no excuse for not properly fixing their "not so new" products! I ain't simply gonna throw an otherwise in good shape board to the garbage... They'd better at least improve their bios or issue a statement saying that's not possible and explaining the reason. I really think this is not the way to say thanks for buying their products

I'll still need my current board for use in a 2nd pc... So, here I am asking again for a better bios fix.

Greetings,
    Last edited by Dark AvaloN; 06-21-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Thumbs up Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

I reckon you guys are being far too harsh on Gigabyte, they are clearly working on the problem.

Janus sent me a new beta bios, F13e for my P35-DS4 and this has totally solved the problem. The bios is stable and holds my overclock perfectly and I havnt found any bugs in it. There are no problems changing the vcore and no stability problems. It even adds a PCI latency timer (CLK) option so you can allow your pci soundcard to hold the bus for longer. Here is my latency now:

This allows me to run ASIO drivers with >1ms latency perfectly.

Here is my overclock on this bios:

If anyone would like the bios feel free to PM me.

Got anything to help this?

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information