Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Thanks for the beta bios Mumid... I will report back tonight with the results.

FYI--here is a screen grab of my current situation running a Q6600 OCed to 3.0ghz and just doing some scrolling in firefox.

Just a quick update... put the new beta bios 13e into effect but didn't see any benefit. DPC latency just as bad if not worse than the graphic I posted above. I was still overclocked. The real bummer is that it wiped all my saved CMOS bios settings (had about 5) -- so I went ahead and reverted back to my original setup for now. Make sure you all backup your original bios before installing any updated. After I reflashed my original backup, all of my saved CMOS bios settings were back... thank god.

I have been searching for a way to get rid of some audio crackling, static that occurs when I scroll around in a browser or when the computer first starts up, etc... this sound can only be heard when I have my overclock in effect. If I run at stable, stock settings--there is no audio crackling. FYI--I am using the onboard audio digital out.

I am not sure if the audio problem is caused by the extreme DPC latency I experience with the overclocked settings... or just electrical noise from all the increased voltages required for the OC. Anyway, I am going to run stable settings for a while now... DPC latency with stable settings stays within the range of 50-1500us... which is not great... but it doesn't cause a huge end user issue for me. I will wait for an official BIOS update to see if that might take care of the problem.

If anyone else has any suggestions or solutions I might be able to try regarding the crackling audio... I would be happy to entertain them--although I don't want to hijack the thread, so just PM me. Thank you.
    Last edited by pixelvisions; 06-25-2008 at 10:32 AM.

kpo6969 is offline Member

Info for fellow sufferers:

RE: Gigabyte P35 motherboards and DPC

When will the next bios version for P35C-DS3R (2.0) be released?
    I'm currently using f11h...
    Last edited by Dark AvaloN; 06-26-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumid View Post
    I reckon you guys are being far too harsh on Gigabyte, they are clearly working on the problem.

Janus sent me a new beta bios, F13e for my P35-DS4 and this has totally solved the problem. The bios is stable and holds my overclock perfectly and I havnt found any bugs in it. There are no problems changing the vcore and no stability problems. It even adds a PCI latency timer (CLK) option so you can allow your pci soundcard to hold the bus for longer. Here is my latency now:

[...]

If anyone would like the bios feel free to PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumid View Post
    GA-P35-DS4 F13e bios (tested fine by me):

http://www.speedyshare.com/791730620.html

I've got the latency problems as well... I have EP35-DS4 rev. 2.1 and tried to update to BIOS version F13e via @BIOS. That didn't work, it says “BIOS partnumber(AWARD) is not correct”. Do you have rev. 2.1 or rev. 1? Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by fimpen_b; 06-26-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Do Not Use @bios!!!!!

This Cannot Be Stressed Enough
    Ok, so I should be fine flashing the BIOS with version F13e from a floppy? I'm kinda worried that those BIOS is for EP35-DS4 rev. 1, not EP35-DS4 rev. 2.1. Or doesn't that matter?

Yeah, use Qflash with floppy or USB.

As for your issue, NO DO NOT USE THAT BIOS FOR YOUR BOARD

kpo6969 is offline Member

I'm glad to see some people are getting replies.
    Silence is only a confirmation of marked obsolescence.

AnandTech - Gigabyte Boards and DPC Latency
    "Heh, I was just remembering when I bought this board at Fry's. A guy walked buy, said he worked for Intel (probably does considering where I live) and said that Gigabyte has a known issue with this latency problem, enough so that enthusiasts he knows at Intel have stopped using, or returned, boards and went to Asus. This is dissapointing as these boards are really great and exactly what I've been looking for. I've had two Asus boards die on me and don't want to go back, but wonder if I have a choice. I also wonder if this problem might be affecting overall performance in games causing reduced framerates when using onboard audio (assuming a steady 1000 delay)."

Issues has been resolved in P45, I know that is not a fix for P35 users but just to let you know.

And ya, I too used to be Asus all the way, but not anymore for sure... To many DOA's in my opinion for sure

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information