Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Hi guys, I had the DPC latency spikes too with my GA-P35-DS3R rev 2.1, wrote to GA suport and they send me this beta BIOS - p35ds3r.12k. I've just flashed this bios and for now all seems to be OK, latency spikes stay under 500micros. I've uploaded the bios file here and here in case anyone with the same board might need it.
    Last edited by weckker; 06-27-2008 at 04:27 AM. Reason: added a new link

Quote Originally Posted by fimpen_b View Post
    I've got the latency problems as well... I have EP35-DS4 rev. 2.1 and tried to update to BIOS version F13e via @BIOS. That didn't work, it says “BIOS partnumber(AWARD) is not correct”. Do you have rev. 2.1 or rev. 1? Am I doing something wrong?
    EP35-DS4 is a different board to P35-DS4, do not try and flash that bios to it! Ask Janus for a bios for your board mate

kpo6969 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Issues has been resolved in P45, I know that is not a fix for P35 users but just to let you know.

And ya, I too used to be Asus all the way, but not anymore for sure... To many DOA's in my opinion for sure
    Thank you for the reply.
    I would really be curious about any to comment to this:
    P35 owners who wish to eliminate DPC latency issues either have to live with it or upgrade to a P45?
    To be honest with you this is a load of crap.
    So Gigabyte values it's existing customer base as much as Creative does doing what they are doing? Anyone with an X-Fi or Audigy card knows what I'm saying. At least they are going to offer DDL for $4.72 for compatable cards, which isn't right either, but at least they are doing something. Thanks

Yeah, use Qflash with floppy or USB.

As for your issue, NO DO NOT USE THAT BIOS FOR YOUR BOARD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumid View Post
    EP35-DS4 is a different board to P35-DS4, do not try and flash that bios to it! Ask Janus for a bios for your board mate
    Thanks for quick answers and warnings, even though my questions was slightly off-topic. I missed out on that that E in Ep35-DS4... Could have gone bad I guess. E-mailed Janus, will be back for evaluation.

Edit: Ok, I'm just wondering, and off-topic again.... Isn't P35-DS4 and EP35-DS4 the same. Lsdmeasap, this is you on P35-DS4 vs EP35-DS4:

Same board, even the P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 has the EP35 DES features, I own one. [...] Ohh yeah, well in that case, yeap... Same board, different box
    If that's the case, whay can't I use the same BIOS?
    Last edited by fimpen_b; 06-27-2008 at 07:24 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kpo6969 View Post
    Thank you for the reply.
    I would really be curious about any to comment to this:
    P35 owners who wish to eliminate DPC latency issues either have to live with it or upgrade to a P45?
    To be honest with you this is a load of crap.
    So Gigabyte values it's existing customer base as much as Creative does doing what they are doing? Anyone with an X-Fi or Audigy card knows what I'm saying. At least they are going to offer DDL for $4.72 for compatable cards, which isn't right either, but at least they are doing something. Thanks
    Well they are trying to fix it for P35 as you can see from the MANY Beta BIOS's in this thread, but it may be out of their hands as fixable with just a BIOS update. Some of them seem to be fixing it some do not. The fact that it is fixed in P45, as suggested previously in this thread, may mean that is a actual hardware issue that was easily fixed on the production end, but not so easily fixed on the BIOS front. Which is why there have been so many releases with some working and some not so far

Quote Originally Posted by fimpen_b View Post
    Thanks for quick answers and warnings, even though my questions was slightly off-topic. I missed out on that that E in Ep35-DS4... Could have gone bad I guess. E-mailed Janus, will be back for evaluation.

Edit: Ok, I'm just wondering, and off-topic again.... Isn't P35-DS4 and EP35-DS4 the same. Lsdmeasap, this is you on P35-DS4 vs EP35-DS4:

If that's the case, whay can't I use the same BIOS?
    Well for the purposes of where you pulled that quote yes they are the same. And that quote also likely applied to P35-DS4 rev 2.1, which is the more the same as EP35-DS4. Not so much is true for lesser Revisions of P35-DS4. They finalized the hardware and testing for the DES in P35-DS4 2.1 and when they found it to be correct they started production of the EP35 model. There may or may not be some minor hardware differences and you pulling that quote from a NON BIOS discussion is not helping you in this discussion as different topics are being discussed with clearly different and possibly devastating results

But either way BIOS's are coded per board and unless you want a brick motherboard you must use a BIOS for your board model and Revision

Sure, it may work in some instances to use a different board revision or even different model BIOS in a non matching board. But it is Highly NOT recommended unless you have tons of free cash and do not mind buying a new board. Flashing a mismatched BETA BIOS is asking for even more issues. Sometimes a flash even from a different revision number such as a rev 1.0 being flashed with a 2.1 BIOS would not work, other times it would. High risk of failure is likely though either way. As you can see here Janus says it is ok, >>>
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    Ii depend on model,

in this case, p35-ds4 is ok.

There is programs out there that would allow you to even add things into the BIOS such as settings into a P35-DS3 that are only in a P35-DQ6, but you do not often see someone taking that chance. A BIOS flash is risky with the correct version/model Doing it with a mismatch is just asking for it again.

All up to you I suppose and how bad you actually HAVE TO have a working board

Well they are trying to fix it for P35 as you can see from the MANY Beta BIOS's in this thread, but it may be out of their hands as fixable with just a BIOS update. Some of them seem to be fixing it some do not. The fact that it is fixed in P45, as suggested previously in this thread, may mean that is a actual hardware issue that was easily fixed on the production end, but not so easily fixed on the BIOS front. Which is why there have been so many releases with some working and some not so far

Well for the purposes of where you pulled that quote yes they are the same. And that quote also likely applied to P35-DS4 rev 2.1, which is the more the same as EP35-DS4. Not so much is true for lesser Revisions of P35-DS4. They finalized the hardware and testing for the DES in P35-DS4 2.1 and when they found it to be correct they started production of the EP35 model. There may or may not be some minor hardware differences and you pulling that quote from a NON BIOS discussion is not helping you in this discussion as different topics are being discussed with clearly different and possibly devastating results

But either way BIOS's are coded per board and unless you want a brick motherboard you must use a BIOS for your board model and Revision

Sure, it may work in some instances to use a different board revision or even different model BIOS in a non matching board. But it is Highly NOT recommended unless you have tons of free cash and do not mind buying a new board. Flashing a mismatched BETA BIOS is asking for even more issues. Sometimes a flash even from a different revision number such as a rev 1.0 being flashed with a 2.1 BIOS would not work, other times it would. High risk of failure is likely though either way. As you can see here Janus says it is ok, >>>

There is programs out there that would allow you to even add things into the BIOS such as settings into a P35-DS3 that are only in a P35-DQ6, but you do not often see someone taking that chance. A BIOS flash is risky with the correct version/model Doing it with a mismatch is just asking for it again.

All up to you I suppose and how bad you actually HAVE TO have a working board
    Ok, thanks for the elaborate answer. Nice to know the reason behind things. Ok, on-topic:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep35...problem-26493/
    Quote Originally Posted by homeriv View Post
    Well, the problem seems to have stopped. I can't say I did anything to make it stop. The only change I made was to disable the serial and parallel ports in the Bios. I was not intending for this action to fix my audio problem, and I'm not going to claim it did, I was only trying to tie up all the loose ends in the Bios. However the audio is fine now.
    Tried disabeling with no luck. Waiting for BIOS... I did however disable Dynamic Energy Saver which helped a lot. The spikes went down from 6000-7000 us to around 1200 us.
    Last edited by fimpen_b; 06-27-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Hey, reading all of your posts I see you have EP35-DS4. Correct?

If so I do not know where you see a rev 1 BIOS at, as there is NO rev 1 EP35-DS4, ONLY Rev. 2.1.

*EDIT*
    I see now, That post by Mumid MUST be for a Rev. 1 P35-DS4

I will open it up and see what I can find inside to be sure

But yeah, that for sure would not work for you being that is a Rev 1 BIOS. Now a P35-DS4 Rev 1 might, it would be risky but it might. A Rev 1 for sure would not.

That is why EP35-DS4 is the same rev as the last P35-DS4, as I said in that one post above same board. But still not sure you should even flash with a P35-DS4 rev 2.1 BIOS. But for sure you cannot use what Mumid posted as I think it is P35 Rev 1
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-27-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Well sorry man, I could not find a Revision # in there, so you will just have to PM that member and ask to be sure. This was all I could find >>>

Just shows P35-DS4 no revision numbers. But from what you posted I can say I think it is Rev 1 BIOS because if it was a rev 2.1 BIOS it would likely have not given you that error, and let you flash with it
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-27-2008 at 11:03 PM.

So, there's not even going to be a f12 for my P35C-DS3R 2.0?

Come on, please at least make a final one... You guys can do it!

lsdmeasap please talk to them!
    Last edited by Dark AvaloN; 06-28-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information