Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

kpo6969 is offline Member

Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Well they are trying to fix it for P35 as you can see from the MANY Beta BIOS's in this thread, but it may be out of their hands as fixable with just a BIOS update. Some of them seem to be fixing it some do not. The fact that it is fixed in P45, as suggested previously in this thread, may mean that is a actual hardware issue that was easily fixed on the production end, but not so easily fixed on the BIOS front. Which is why there have been so many releases with some working and some not so far
    Please share since that seems to indicate you know something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark AvaloN View Post
    So, there's not even going to be a f12 for my P35C-DS3R 2.0?

Come on, please at least make a final one... You guys can do it!

lsdmeasap please talk to them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I am sure they likely will once they figure it out
    P35-DS3L 2.0 included also?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

BIOS updates do not roll out daily. It is tough programming and testing before they release them. Did you look on google? Many are posted by different people who have gotten them thru Gigabyte support, other then the many that are posted throughout this thread.

You said for me to share since I know something, what did you mean by that?

The fact that it is fixed in P45, as suggested previously in this thread, may mean that is a actual hardware issue that was easily fixed on the production end, but not so easily fixed on the BIOS front.
    That

Quote Originally Posted by kpo6969 View Post
    GA-P35-DS3L
    Current bios F8f
    Beta's tried F8i, F8t
    Other bios by other users (fail) F8n
    posts #278, 279
    RE: Gigabyte P35 motherboards and DPC

Was also sent F7
    Wolfdale requires F8a
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 2.0)
    I still have not seen a reply from the powers that be concerning this popular, now forgotten mobo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    BIOS updates do not roll out daily. It is tough programming and testing before they release them. Did you look on google? Many are posted by different people who have gotten them thru Gigabyte support, other then the many that are posted throughout this thread.

You said for me to share since I know something, what did you mean by that?
    Did I miss any?
    And yes I use Google.

Sorry, I thought the P45 fixed it was addressed in this thread, maybe not. Here ya go, fixed in P45 >>>
    DPC issues still present in Gigabyte EP45 boards? - XtremeSystems Forums

Yes, there is a few other BIOS's posted in this thread, Here is one for your board from Softpedia F8f >>>
    http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BIO...BIOS-F8f.shtml

All BIOS's For GA-P35-DS3L
    Download Gigabyte Bios drivers - page 1 - Softpedia

Have you emailed Janus?

What you want to do really is wait until they get it fixed, if they can, and then get the final version. Because beta's usually fix one thing and mess something else up from what I have found in using them (Normally Memory errors)

1.If you even read my post you would see I am using F8f already
    2.Where do you think I got the beta's F8i and F8t from?
    3.Where did you get the idea I needed help or info with P45?

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by kpo6969 View Post
    1.If you even read my post you would see I am using F8f already
    2.Where do you think I got the beta's F8i and F8t from?
    3.Where did you get the idea I needed help or info with P45?

Interesting
    Yes, I read it, but seemed you wanted MORE so I gave you a source is all.

Quote Originally Posted by kpo6969
    The fact that it is fixed in P45, as suggested previously in this thread, may mean that is a actual hardware issue that was easily fixed on the production end, but not so easily fixed on the BIOS front.
    There, I thought you meant share some info about what I said concerning P45. Yes I do read your post, but with so many users posting here and only about 10% of them putting Spec's in their signature it is often hard to keep up with who is using what on what day

I see you are from PA, but I find some of your posts either confusing or just written too short. So sorry for my replies, I sometimes am not sure what you are asking by the way you post your replies.

Either way, There you have some P45 info needed or not, and everyone else who may ask while tired of waiting on a reply from Janus can look there for a beta BIOS. Also, everyone can check thru these threads >>>
    The Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread - Page 289 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
    Official GIGABYTE X38-DQ6/X38T-DQ6 Info/BIOS Thread - Page 112 - XtremeSystems Forums

Many Beta's posted for various versions not listed in the titles as well

Either way, There you have some P45 info needed or not, and everyone else who may ask while tired of waiting on a reply from Janus can look there for a beta BIOS. Also, everyone can check thru these threads >>>
    The Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread - Page 289 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
    Official GIGABYTE X38-DQ6/X38T-DQ6 Info/BIOS Thread - Page 112 - XtremeSystems Forums

Many Beta's posted for various versions not listed in the titles as well
    The Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread - Page 284 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
    post #2836

For Abit users EVERYWHERE!! UNITE!! - XtremeSystems Forums
    post #6

You can find my system specs there in the two forums you referred to.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ahh, seems we are both everywhere! Ya, I just see many users posts daily here and everywhere else so it is just hard to keep track of sometimes. Especially when specs are not in siggy's and people change hardware on page 3 of a 6 page post. Not meaning you or anything, just in general.

I wish you luck with your DPC issue, I assume I have it, but it dont affect me in anything I do. but I do plan to get a P45-DQ6 once I get the cash, just looks like a superb board!!

I posted this on Tom's H. :

"I have a permanent fix for the P35 DS3R Rev. 1.

I upgraded to bios F12j (F5 and F12h gave similar results). Unfortunately, I was still getting nasty DPC latency spikes using these at first (up to 8000+), although much smoother than F11 and workable for audio work.

Then I upgraded my Nvidia drivers to Forceware 177.35 and all hell broke loose. I had weird DPC spikes every few seconds. I got suspicious, and tested Forceware versions from 167.** to 177.** - and found a fix. The recently pulled Forceware 175.19 solved ALL the DPC latency spikes on my system. These drivers were pulled because of poor benchmarks, but I can confirm that all DPC latency spikes are gone, even under load!!

Before, opening and closing programs or maximizing a window would cause spikes - all gone now."

System ran for 12 hours, with DPC Latency Checker, doing various tasks before taking a screenshot...

Good luck :)
    Attached Images Attached Images P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking-dpc-jpg 

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information