Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

kpo6969 is offline Member

Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Quote Originally Posted by kpo6969 View Post
    To Gigabyte,
    You may have forgotten us but we have not forgotten the sub-standard support:

Neowin.net - Gigabyte pushes into mid-range motherboard market
    Read the comments in the link and feel free to add to it.
    GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
    i7-4790K
    Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
    Asus GTX 970 Strix
    Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Ocz Vector 150 240GB Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Fractal Design R4
    Noctua NH-U14S
    SeaSonic 660XP2
    Creative Extreme Music
    U2412M
    Windows 10 x64 Pro

Well, I've changed my motherboard from a P35C-DS3R 2.0 to a new ASUS P5Q PRO (first BIOS release), and I have to say that I'm happier now.

Unfortunately, I still have dpc spikes, which I've tracked down to be related to my graphics card (Gigabyte HD3870 made by ATI, probably drivers?) or at least it seems that way, because when I disable it they decrease. However, I remember getting ZERO spikes/3-10us constant in XP, so I have yet to see if it's OS related or whatever.

Regarding oc, it's A LOT more stable now, no issues. Voltage drops by only 0.01-0.02v between bios and load condition, and thus allowed me to further oc by +200MHz (I'm at 3.6 with an E6750 now). I used to get 0.07 which prevented me from going any higher than 3.4. Also, memory voltage control is waaay better, no problems here now. No startup crashes, BSOD, nothing. This board is much more SOLID than my previous.

Anyway, I hope they still release a better BIOS version as I plan on building another pc with it. As I said in a previous post, it's still a good board.

EDIT:
    Last edited by Dark AvaloN; 07-15-2008 at 08:55 PM.

I also bought a ASUS P5Q. (My Gigabyte-P35-DS3 is now history).
    Only regret is that I waited so long.
    DCP spikes not all gone in Vista, but audio and video stutter is
    /Op9618

kpo6969 is offline Member

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-p...f8-bios-27088/

GA-P35-DS3L F8 Bios

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 2.0)
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2629
    Is this a final (and the last) bios for my board?
    F8a, F8b, and F8f are no longer on the support site.
    What did this change and or fix, if anything?

What it did for me:
    SpeedStep is broken
    -stays @ 6x multi and cpuz and everest show underclock all the time

Half muliplier option in bios is no longer available

Seriously and respectfully I ask what the situation is so I can know what to do.
    -go back to F8f and work with it

F8 is not workable if that's the deal
    betas above F8f do not hold o'c

Thanks
    GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
    i7-4790K
    Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
    Asus GTX 970 Strix
    Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Ocz Vector 150 240GB Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Fractal Design R4
    Noctua NH-U14S
    SeaSonic 660XP2
    Creative Extreme Music
    U2412M
    Windows 10 x64 Pro

I decided to post here since im experiencing the same thing except the motherboard is the x48-dq6. Im getting serious spiking on my board. Does anyone know of a bios that will fix this for my board? I am using the latest beta firmware. Im considering taking my board back and getting my money back if i cant fix this issue soon

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Post 182 should prove to you guys this is not ONLY a BIOS problem. In P35 yes there was issues Caused by BIOS/Hardware, not X38/48 caused by BIOS's/Hardware.

If you are having issues in a X38/48 it is most likely drivers or other settings/drivers causing it not your BIOS.

This has always been largely a P35 chipset/BIOS only problem.

Any other chipset or board then you need to look elsewhere than the BIOS

Dont know if this will help you Mystery Man but I have a EX38-DS4 board. I also experienced some real bad DPC for a while. I did alot of testing and for me it came down to bad drivers from Nvidia/and/or bad uninstalling of old/new nvidia drivers.

Give this a try: Uninstall your Nvidia driver (if thats what u have) with the usual Uninstall prog. Then do a boot into safe mode and run drivercleaner pro Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com. Then boot normal into OS again and do NOT install any VGA driver. Now you should check for DPC again and maybe they wont be 100% gone but they should all stay below 1000microsecs. If it helped next thing is to find a nvidia driver that does not give bad spikes. For me 169.25/175.16 and 175.19 are the ones that make the least spikes.
    Mobo - Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.6GHz
    RAM - Mushkin Redline XP2 PC8000
    GFX - Gigabyte Geforce 8800GT Type B
    PSU - Hiper Type R MKII 680W

Okay... As soon as I disable BOTH graphics card AND wireless card the spikes now stay mostly around 60us. The thing is that they have to be both disabled or it's no good since both are the cause. That explains why under XP (without stuff installed) there were no spikes or high latency at all.
    I now wonder if there really was a significant motherboard/bios problem with the P35 (related to the dpc issue of course) using the latest beta bios I was sent.
    Last edited by Dark AvaloN; 07-18-2008 at 12:28 AM.

After my Asus P5K-Deluxe died on me last week, I ordered the EP35-DS3R. The Asus board had very low DPC latency, usually < 30us with hardly any spikes. I'm seeing spikes up to 1000us every 5th sample or so, with the occasional spike up to ~4000us. I know this isn't nearly as bad as others in this thread, but I'd like to resolve it soon as I have a recording session tomorrow night!

I have run the RATT tool from Microsoft, and disabling devices doesn't seem to affect much of anything. I'm using the Intel Matrix RAID and have a MOTU 2408mk3 as my recording interface (PCI-based). There are no other add-in cards. Video card is nVidia 8600GT with forceware 175.19 installed.

This is at idle:

I have emailed Janus for the beta, but as turnaround times are generally 2-3 days, unfortunately that's not gonna help me for tomorrow. If anyone has a beta BIOS for the EP35-DS3R that fixes the DPC Latency issue, please PM me.

Thanks in advance.

WOW, what a difference a BIOS flash makes! This is at idle with version F3i:

Thanks for the quick response. Now it's time to do a little QA and see if we can uncover any issues!

Has anyone tested BIOS version F3m for the EP35-DS3R?

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information