Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

I have serious dpc spikes with my ga-p35c-ds3r ver.2.1.
    I first have this trouble when I played audio under asio sound drivers and have sound pops.
    At first I thought that was some xp issue but I did test many configuration options (clean xp installation, quit services, different audio cards, different pci slots, bios, etc) and then I arrived to the conclusion that was MB dpc problems of my gigabyte p35 after reading a lot of posts talking about it in many audio forums.
    In some forums did not recommend gigabyte MB with p35 for audio for this important issue.
    For me it will be a big disappointment if Gigabyte does not solve the problem then I will not buy this brand again.
    Please, can you tell me a way to solve it? I listened that maybe some bios update.
    I tested last bios (f12a) unsuccessfully
    If it is not possible to fix it, then tell me and I will buy other (sure a non-gigabyte ) motherboard.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by theearbox; 09-21-2008 at 01:46 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

They are working on it, as you see you used a Beta (a) it will get fixed I am sure, several models have been just apparently not yours yet

Even after changing BIOS to F4a (last beta) I still have huge yellow 1000 us spikes coming alternatively with green ones (one big yellow then one green an so on).
    Hope that someone is still working on P35 boards fixes...
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Do you have this with issue with a clean install? Many of these issues are also caused by Other programs and drivers. Just something for you to think about I guess.

Do you mix and record sound? If not, then it should not affect you really as that is the only thing it would hinder.

I am not sure, but I do know they had released several BIOS fixes for various models which corrected this. Have you tried other previous Beta's for your board? I see F3E here >>>>
    Download Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R (rev. 2.1) BIOS F3e Driver for Windows 9X/ME/NT/2K/XP/2003/Vista/XP X64/2008 - Softpedia

F3B
    Download Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R (rev. 2.1) F3b bios driver

May or may not fix it, just trying to offer you some testing areas if you are willing to flash of course

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Do you have this with issue with a clean install? Many of these issues are also caused by Other programs and drivers. Just something for you to think about I guess.

Do you mix and record sound? If not, then it should not affect you really as that is the only thing it would hinder.

I am not sure, but I do know they had released several BIOS fixes for various models which corrected this. Have you tried other previous Beta's for your board? I see F3E here >>>>
    Download Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R (rev. 2.1) BIOS F3e Driver for Windows 9X/ME/NT/2K/XP/2003/Vista/XP X64/2008 - Softpedia

F3B

May or may not fix it, just trying to offer you some testing areas if you are willing to flash of course
    thanks for your quick responses, but I have ga-p35c-ds3r model (p35c not ep35c) if you know other beta bios, please send me any link, I will try any possible solution for my problem.
    thanks for your support, I give a virtual beer for you !!!!

Ahh, well that is better maybe! I thought you had EP cause I was confused there is many more beta's for P35C

All Beta's can be obtained here >>>
    GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R

Tha problem affects specially when I play with some virtual synths. The interferences in sound are very annoying.
    I tried every think I know before (including clean install, other soundcard ) but I discovered that was a gigabyte p35 issue and maybe an incompatibility with 8800gt.
    You can see the image of dpc , when I play the virtual synth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

F3B

Hi Lsd,

Thanks for the links above. Yes, since the clean of Vista installation the issue appeared.
    Interesting enough is the fact of XP SP3, in a test I did, was completely free of high spikes.
    But I need to use Vista since XP is not compatible with the software we use. So, probably its a issue that Gigabyte can't manage...

As I already told you, we use the computer in a lab for data capture of automotive engines under stress test and images in motion (video) must be perfectly in sync with the noise (audio).
    Our lab did a external delay line in order to center the variations but this is not a definitive solution, you know.
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Well they have fixed it in some models, but yeah maybe all can't be fixed?

Well have you ever used Vmware or virtual PC? You can install and run XP (Or anything for that matter) in Vista. I have Several OS's installed in my vista in vmware. Just a thought incase it was only a few selected programs that need to be ran in xp

But yeah, with that kind of testing it may not be feasible to use that method either.

You could always setup a dual boot, if your work could use both at various times. I know none if this is a fix by any means, just trying to think of some suggestions for you

Yes, we tried the used of a emulator but it slow down the system too much and events above 4000 RPM can't be registered.
    The fixed electronic delay line is not a good solution since the latency is a variable event.
    Well, let's wait for a solution for a while - in the mean time we are using the old one (with ASUS mobo) that should be replaced by the new one...
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread Information