Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

I solved partially the problem. I changed the graphic card for an old x800 and the dpc has disappeared. It seems that 8800gt and p35 by gigabyte is a bad c o c ktail.

Quote Originally Posted by theearbox View Post
    I solved partially the problem. I changed the graphic card for an old x800 and the dpc has disappeared. It seems that 8800gt and p35 by gigabyte is a bad c o c ktail.
    Ya PCI-E 2.0 video card in any Gigabyte board before P45 is problematic(P35/x38/48). I abandon this thread many months ago when i gave up on the X38DQ6 to get another brand and i have no problems since then with the SAME components. (PSU/RAM ETC).

They say its fixed in P45 but i lost faith in Gigabyte so i cant confirm.

I just wanted to add this issue has been very bad for Gigabyte. Yes DPC issues can be caused by many things but bad/slow/stuttering performance can not easily be ignored what ever the cause.

I was a fan of Gigabyte back in P965 days but my experience cost me several hundreds of dollars and many hours problem solving and a new board from another brand solve the problem so now i dont recommend or use Gigabyte. Even though maybe the problem is solved with P45 i cant afford to gamble on it.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

See that just goes to show you that ANYTHING can cause DPC issues, driver and hardware for sure included.

Glad you can now use your system to make your music!

I had the same problem of DPC latency with my old EP35-DS3L.

Fixed by uninstalling DES. Apparently DES caused latency spikes for me. Without DES, my system latency was <30 nanosecs.

5. Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

I gots some really horrible spikes turning on my T.V. app with a HDTV broadcast

The worst one I have yet to experience.
    GA P35 DQ6 rev. 1.0, 2x2GB Mushkin XP2 Ascents, 2x2GB Mushkin XP2's DDR2-1066 PC2-8500, Intel Core 2 DUO E8600, 3.33Ghz with Gigabyte CPU Cooler, PNY GeForce 8800 GTS, Antec 900 Gaming Case and Antec True Power Trio 650w PSU, Hauppauge HVR 1600 TV Tuner, old Sony CD/RW that still kicks butt, Sony external DVD, Smart Card Reader, 4 Western Digital Caviar HDD's: 80Gb, 120Gb(usb,external, swap), 160Gb, 250Gb and 320Gb.

Running it all with Windows XP Pro SP3, Perry Mason and Della Street. Paul Drake's out on assignment. He's helping me locate 64-bit drivers for XP Pro x64 Edition that I'm working with now.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Not too bad really, and since you do not have a job as a music maker or similar I would please ask you to not bump this thread again. Please and Thanks

Not mad at you or anything, but many users who this does not really affect see things like this and think their board is broke.

Quote Originally Posted by badonkadonk View Post
    Edit: Oh umm even that is not great. They should Ideally be the same as the smallest ones without any spikes..

Also if you look in Vista performance logs there are many critical errors complaining of system degradation, windows components taking too long to start up, slow boot degradation...wtf is going on?? There is one common component, Gigabyte boards. Asus doesnt have this issue.

This is good:
    Please, where can I check if I have problems at Windows Vista logs? Step by step, please :) (Control Panel ... and what more?)
    IŽd like to confirm If my 1000 us picks are giving me problems or not.

Thanks.

possible solution!
    I have ga-ep35c-ds3r 2.1 bios f4a and geforce 8800gt (bad couple :D)
    I have tested latest nvidia video drivers (geforce beta 180.439 and now my system have no serious latency issues.

this is what worked the best for my board ds3l ep43 (note: different bios versions didn't matter) with a 9800gt (9800gt bascially is a 8800gt)

one disable cpu eist function in the bios
    two uninstall gigabyte energy saver (specifically the gsvr.exe process was slowing me down even with power saving disabled in the program)

hopefully what works for me will work for you, give it a try.

kpo6969 is offline Member

GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
    i7-4790K
    Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
    Asus GTX 970 Strix
    Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Ocz Vector 150 240GB Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Fractal Design R4
    Noctua NH-U14S
    SeaSonic 660XP2
    Creative Extreme Music
    U2412M