Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Hey Zorton,

These DPC latency issues have been resolved a long time ago, I know there is newer BIOSes now so maybe they are to blame but I doubt it. Could you try a few older ones and see if you find the same issue?

If you do see the issues still then it must be your hardware, drivers, or some program causing this. It is not the board, yes sometimes the BIOS can cause this, but not the board itself.

However, this boards BIOS issues with DPC have been resolved as of April 08.

Did you read this whole thread? If not, please see my post here (#228) for possible causes and or ways to narrow it down >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/p35-...tml#post264733

i have a ga-ep35-ds4 (2.1) with latest bios (f6).

i figured out that it is the onboard network adapter causing these dpc latency issues. when the internet is in use, the red bars go up to 16,000 in that dpc latency program.

im just wondering, if i buy a pci network adapter and use that instead of the onboard, will that make things work just fine? or will i still have dpc latency issues?
    Last edited by colt45joe; 04-03-2010 at 05:51 PM.

hi colt45joe

I have the exact same board, revision and BIOS, however, I do not use the onboard RealTek LAN. Instead, I have a intel pro 1000 CT desktop adapter in my pci-e x1 slot. Running win 7 Pro x64, with no DPC latency spikes to be seen.

(I noticed, on Vista and Win 7 x64, if my power profile is set to balanced or power saver within windows, it seems to result in spikes on the graph, only when CPU usage is 0%. i.e. load up prime95 and suddenly it goes flatline green. If I turn the power options to "high performance", the results is a flatline green graph. "High performance" still clocks down the CPU when it's idle, so I don't know what the difference between those profiles really is.)

Out of interest, what OS and what power profile, if applicable, are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by ozeh View Post
    hi colt45joe

I have the exact same board, revision and BIOS, however, I do not use the onboard RealTek LAN. Instead, I have a intel pro 1000 CT desktop adapter in my pci-e x1 slot. Running win 7 Pro x64, with no DPC latency spikes to be seen.

(I noticed, on Vista and Win 7 x64, if my power profile is set to balanced or power saver within windows, it seems to result in spikes on the graph, only when CPU usage is 0%. i.e. load up prime95 and suddenly it goes flatline green. If I turn the power options to "high performance", the results is a flatline green graph. "High performance" still clocks down the CPU when it's idle, so I don't know what the difference between those profiles really is.)

Out of interest, what OS and what power profile, if applicable, are you using?
    do you have c1e enhanced halt state in bios? under advanced cpu features? if so disable it and use balanced in win7,it will still throttle cpu but without the latency
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) 8-8-8-24-1t-@1.64v-1.3qpi
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

A PCI Card could help, as could the latest RealTek drivers.

Please go ahead and update those before you decide to buy an adapter, in case it is not needed. And as said above test C1E and EIST Disabled as well

Here is the latest RealTek drivers for LAN
    Realtek

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread Information