Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Oh thats a bummer the X48 has it too, i was gonna get one but i guess i wont now. Thats means it affects all Gigabyte boards since P35. I havent seen anyone with P965 chipset report the problem.

@ Dewdman. Yap, i tried the Latency checker on a clean install of windows, like from the first boot after installation when there are no drivers on the machine and it still happens.

The beta-bios 7f cures the dpc latency completely for the X48 !! It is a bios thing..

I got a beta bios for the X38 and it improves it alot but its still there.

Gigabyte Team!

My GA-G33-DS3R has a "DPC latency problem" on bios F5...F7f(beta).
    Please fix this on future motherboard's bios releases!!!

I am ready to test pre-Beta bios.

Thank you.

I just tested my EP35-DS3P and it also regularly spikes to 1000-1100 with BIOS F2....have NOT tried the new F3beta...
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

I have a bad feeling that it is something that cant be fixed with a bios update. Its too widespread across too many boards, im just gonna get another brand. Ive had too many headaches about this for too long. Its a shame bcoz i liked Gigabyte and I really hope the P45's dont have this problem, but at the moment i cant recommend Gigabyte motherboards to my customers.

I just want to say that I just installed the beta bios "13b" that was provided to me from Janus in Gigabyte Tech support for the GA-P35-DS4(rev2.0) and it works like a champ. with F12, and a barebones simple new XP Pro install, not even a soundcard installed, I was seeing regular speaks in the 700us range and occasionally some around 1500us. Installed F13b and now a "spike" is 40us, even when I am moving the mouse around like crazy...and often times it is under 10us.

I think Gigabyte is on top of the issue, whatever it is. Let's hope it makes it out into all of their board's production BIOS releases.

By the way, a Q6600 is in my board and its overclocked lightly to 3.01ghz and working fine with this bios, but I left the settings from the previous BIOS in order to retain the vcore settings.

Anyway, just wanted to report something positive.

hey there i was wondering if there is a beta for the ds3l motherboard for the dpc latency spiking? if there is where or who would i have to contact?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Janus is who you would contact about that, see post #7 on page one of this thread for email addy

I just got DPC fix bios for ep35-ds3r (F3F bios) from Janus. I will test it tonight and let you guys know the result.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information