Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Just got this board (EP35-DS3P...F3 BIOS) a week ago and haven't done any editing on it yet...DPC checker does indeed show regular spikes around 800-900...not interested in trying out beta BIOSes...you think Gigabyte will correct this or should I bring this board back while I still have a chance? My shop I buy from will accept this board back during the next few days but this issue isn't mission critical for me right now but I do some audio/video work from time to time and I actually never thought this could be an issue (board is great so far)
    EP35 DS3P (F4 bios), Q6600 @3.0GHZ, Zalman 9700, 4GB Mushkin 6400 EP, Corsair 620HX, Antec Nine Hundred (2 intake front, rear and top exhaust), Sapphire HD4870 512MB, 2X Raptor 150GB RAID 0, Xonar DX, 2X DVD Drives, Dual Boot XP Home and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

I'm using my EP35-DS4 for audio and video work, and it performs fine even with the F3 (official release) BIOS. I'm running the beta BIOS right now, but the only real difference is better low latency performance with 64 or 128 sample buffers when using ASIO drivers. Performance is about the same with WDM drivers whether you use the official BIOS or the beta BIOS, at least with M-Audio drivers.

It's a fine motherboard, and Gigabyte is working on the DPC spiking issue. I decided to keep mine, but I suggest you try all of your programs and see if the performance is acceptable to you.
    Last edited by aspenleaf; 05-03-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Since i got the new bios i have been testing it often and this is what i got first boot this morning, only with 1 webpage open. Its not usually this bad but.....

X38-DQ6 F9b bios.

When i rebooted it was better but still not great. Does anyone know the cause of this thing?
    Attached Images Attached Images P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking-latencyf9b-jpg 
    Last edited by badonkadonk; 05-05-2008 at 09:31 AM.

I tried the F3F bios for EP35-DS3R. It works great with my Q6600 @ 400*8. No more spike!

I had the DPC problem on a P35-S3G board with the latest F4b BIOS. I wrote to Janus and he sent me the beta F4e BIOS, which solved all my problems. Thanks for great support!

i have been trying to get the beta bios for a ds3l motherboard but i get no answer from my 5 emails sent to Janus. does anyone here have the beta bios for the ds3l motherboard?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Maybe that is the problem. 5 emails would get you no BIOS from me as well. but I would answer your first email within a day at least!! And Janus usually answers me within a day or two.

If I was you I would check each member that posted here about having it, and see their profile and if you can send email, if not at least PM them, someone will reply to you

If you can use it F3 does not have the issue if it is that big of a deal to you, but check the CPU list as I dont know what cpu you have
    RE: Gigabyte P35 motherboards and DPC

the emails i wrotes have been since this thread began , the first two were just asking them to check the problem out. the last three have been request for the beta seeing how people were getting it in one or two days. for now i just went back to f3 it works,i got my quad overclocked to 3.0ghz with no problems. might just wait till they release something officially.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well Hmm I guess 5 emails wasnt so bad! I thought you meant like in a day or two! HAHA

Well at least you can use F3 and dont need a new BIOS for 45nm. So it is working eh, that is good! Hopefully this will also help some others who need this fixed and do not need the newest bios's until GA releases the final fixed one

working really good, i can actually finish up the projects i got going on now. so im good till they release an update.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information