Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

I've just installed the betabios F3d (ga-ep35-ds4) and the dpc spikes even got worse. Now I'm over 500Ás on average. I tried to disable every piece of not needed hardware, but the results didn't change.
    I hope there will still be improvements!
    (sry for my english, i'm german)

Something similar to what you are experiencing happened with my Asus P5AD2-E Premium a few years ago. I contacted Asus, which supplied me with a beta BIOS, which improved the situation, but did not solve it. To make a long story short, the problem was traced back to the South Bridge overheating (for what ever reason). I placed a fan on the SB heatsink, and that solved it.

I know the Asus board is very old, and can't really be compared with the current GA boards, but maybe it can help with the faultfinding process?

setting all fans (2*12cm case + cpu) to 12V wouldn't decrease the dpc values. just tried that one :/

I have the EP35-DS3L. With the F4 (the newest for this board) I was getting regular spikes of about 1000. Depending on programs running it would stay above 1000 and spike to 15k+.

I got the beta bios version F5b installed and it did improve my DPC a LOT. Certain programs will still spike it way up though. CPUZ running will cause it to stay at 2000+ the whole time its running.

For now though, the Beta BIOS is a large improvement.

has gigabyte released any info on a possible beta release date for their bios? im using the older GA -P35-DS3L F3 bios now and it seems to work with out any dpc spikes. just wondering if and when they will have a new working beta bios to test

There is a second one for X38DQ6. The first one was F9b for latency fix but they have a new F9c that also lists latency fix. I would guess they will have another one for most boards soon.

Well i have been testing the F9c (for X38DQ6) and at first it looked like spikes were reduced, but i am getting strange system errors like system services shutting down, audio dropping out completely even though the spikes are not too bad. I have to reboot to get the audio back. I've had a few BSOD's too, and had one while typing this.

IE7 crashes, even the DPC latency program crashes. Never had any of these issues before. I have to go back to the previous bios.

Any news from those in the know (ie. Janus) about any non-beta bioses that will be released with fixes for this?
    EP35 DS3P (F4 bios), Q6600 @3.0GHZ, Zalman 9700, 4GB Mushkin 6400 EP, Corsair 620HX, Antec Nine Hundred (2 intake front, rear and top exhaust), Sapphire HD4870 512MB, 2X Raptor 150GB RAID 0, Xonar DX, 2X DVD Drives, Dual Boot XP Home and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

is the beta bios f12f from the GB site is the same GB people sent to people?

I tried it...

not much better than f11! it don't matter to me as I don't do any music recording on my pc...
    also flash failed first two timer i thought my board is gone for a few min till it booted...it gave stange errors at 100% of flash with @bios 2.00

by the way since updating to beta driver+firmware for x-fi gamer it got a bit worse... i'm sure creative has something todo with the problem for some peoeple as well...

I just flashed my EP35-DS3L with the latest F5b BIOS.... no improvement AT ALL. I'm extremely dissapointed with Gigabyte. I can't believe my 7 year old Celeron based PC gets an average of 80 us, while with this "huge upgrade" I have a CONSTANT 1000us.
    I doubt it's just a BIOS issue. If it were, DPC latency problems, spikes and behaviours would be very similar with all of those that had the same BIOS version, but it differs greatly. Improvements with beta BIOS would be the same as well. I've read tons of posts/responses from Gigabyte support agents/members/etc stating that they already know what the problem is. Ironic... they know what's wrong but can't correct it.
    Unbelievable. The moment P45 settles down in both performance and prices, I'm getting rid of this mobo. Doubt that my new one will be Gigabyte, unless they get everything right after generations of motherboards having the exact same fault.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information