Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Default Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

^^why would you wanna replace your board? my p35 ds3r is the coolest board i ever had, I can OC to 4.3Ghz for 24/7 on air with my E8400 totaly stable! get 15000 3dmark06's easy with my setup - and a 8800 gts 512mb - i need nothing more for the following year or two! with a tweaked CCC config I even get crazy fps in crysis...i mean up to 120fps on some parts 1024x768 with the lowest being 30-40fps in heavy scenes...
    I doubt changing mobo in these times is gonna give you much performance increase...
    the only thing worth spending money on these days is some good gpu and even that might not be a good investment - what good heavy duty games are coming for pc anyway? go 65nn xbox 360 and forget all about this headache.

the only reason to change board is if you do music rec on your pc

You're right, ppl shouldn't replace their boards if they don't have any issues, even if it has this DPC latency issue. I don't do any audio stuff either.

BUT, I can't watch a simple video! Any clip plays in a very jerky way. Heck, if I want to watch a series episode I downloaded, I have to transfer it to my Celeron PC to be able to! That's not what I had in mind when I dished out the money for the upgrade...
    True, so far this is the only issue I have, unable to get some decent video playback, but that's my point. Something so simple and light on a PC shouldn't cause problems. I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk, but I'm a full time student with a part time job, so every dollar I spend counts to have them not give me what I wanted in return :(.

^your problem gotta be something else...
    with under 1000ms latency(and probebly way more) you shoudn't have any problems with video and even audio unless doing SERIOUS audio work.
    you must have something wrong with your setup/os.
    did u try an os reinstall? running different bios settings? check temps,voltages, hd health? maybe codec problem or gpu driver issues.
    people have been running those boards oc'ed to crazy levels! this is only only problem for video recording.
    you didn't sound like a jerk a jerk no need to be sorry! (-:
    i'm also a student and work part time job in cell phone tech support.

gigabyte finaly solved the issue for us! at least on my p35 ds3r rev.100 board with their latest f12j bios

F12j bios sent to me bios GB Tech support via thier website 09.06.2008
    p35ds3r.12j

edit: sorry for triple post...
    i saw the new bios in my mailbox after i responded to ivex1, then thought i'd add a download link for everybody to use as its not the gb site yet.

mods merge if possible please (-:
    Last edited by y0nigt; 06-09-2008 at 08:22 PM.

Is there any beta bios for P35C-DS3R ? If somebody got one from Gigabyte, please post it here, I want to try it, I can't even listen the music normally...

Quote Originally Posted by ERaSeR View Post
    Is there any beta bios for P35C-DS3R ? If somebody got one from Gigabyte, please post it here, I want to try it, I can't even listen the music normally...
    There's a beta f11e on the website, haven't tried it myself.

I tried it and it doesn't solve the problem...

^bios that solves issues for people is not the latest beta from site, at least not for my p35 ds3r, contact gb support via their site or gb people on this board and have them send you the latest beta.

problem completly solved on my board! works great, all they need to do now is fix vcore changing feature... and release a non beta bios! help them test the beta to make it fast as possible.

Looks like they have solved it with P45....good news

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information