Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Unknown 2 pins connector on GVN98X5B 9800GTX

Default Unknown 2 pins connector on GVN98X5B 9800GTX

Just bought this new Gigabyte GVN98X5B 9800GTX GVN98X5B and did noticed a 2 pins connector on the top of the vidcard, can't make any result of it where its working for, not in the manual and not somewhere on iNET.

Should fine when any of the gigabyte people can offer a solv where i can use this 2 pins for...

See included the picture

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9739/img2214tl8.jpg

Greets: EverGreen

Default Re: Unknown 2 pins connector on GVN98X5B 9800GTX

In your package can u see lyk a thin wire which has 2 pins in it? In ATI cards, the AUDIO is routed through the HDMI cable when playing back High def videos. It is designed in this way to eliminate the need for external cables.

BUT, for nvidia cards they dont have this functionality. So, they included that 2 pin plug to attach to the motherboard and graphics card in order to route the sound from the HD video from the motherboard to the graphics card.

I think the cable plugs into the S/PDIF socket on your motherboard, but double check it in case.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

ok thanks, now i did understand that 2 pins socket, its fun to admit that there must be a 2 pins cable must be included even for a DVI-HDMI connector, but the retailer shop seems removed this 2 addy's from the box.
    Never mind it doesn't work in combination of my EX38-DQ6 mobo aswell, perhaps some future skills later.

Greets : EverGreen

Yeah I've got that exact same card and noticed that - no cable to plug into it though.

Thread Information