Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems overclocking EP35-DS3?

Default Re: Problems overclocking EP35-DS3?

The thing is that my supplier does not have all the models. Since they don't have the P35-DS3, I had to choose between the P35-DS3L, the EP35-DS3 and the P35-DS3R, which are in or closest to my budget. The P35-DS3L is the cheapest in the bunch but I think it is a bit less durable than the other two. The P35-DS3R is 6 Euros (Yes I live in The Netherlands), which is about $10 more expensive than the EP35-DS3. Since I won't be using RAID, I decided to limit my overspending en take the EP35-DS3....

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh well good choice then If it is in your range. Since GA does not list that board on thier site, I just thought I would let you know some GA boards do have RAID whether or not they have the Intel ICH9R chip or not. If your board does it will have 2 Purple ports, that use a Gigabyte/J.Micron chip to do raid with. Some have it some do not, and I cannot see that board listed at GA site, So I cant say to you for sure but the GA-P35-DS3 model does have them so it is 95% likely that the EP35 model does as well.

If you see 2 Purple ports in the image you see then you can still do RAID anyway, so just a bonus for you to look forward to if you do have 2 disks, RAID 0 or 1 I believe no JBOD though.

RAID 0 FOR SURE

They are listed on the EU site! I couldn't figure it out from the pictures. I found one purple port on my board. Maybe you can figure it out EP35-DS3, P35-DS3R.
    Looking at the comparison sheet I do think you are right. The "R" version additionally supports RAID 5 & 10.
    Looking at all of this I'm becoming convinced that I chose the best board in my range. The R version would have given me something extra that I will never use!

Yeap! It has the 2 purple ports for the GA/J.Micron RAID controller, so even if you do not want RAID you can do it for free.

I personally like the GA/J.Micron RAID over the Intel one anyway, But that is my opinion.

I actually thought of using RAID 0 but because of the increased risk of data los I decided against it. I know there are ways around that but then I would need even more discs an then it's not worth the money to me..

Ahh, I use it and dont have any data loss or crashes. But yeah I do keep some important stuff like installers on a seperate drive just incase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information