Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-MA78GM-S2H post errors

Default Re: GA-MA78GM-S2H post errors

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    SATA as well too?
    The devices I have available:

SATA 3.5" drive
    SATA CDROM
    IDE CDROM
    compact flash IDE adapter

All of these devices work the same way.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmmm could be a bad flash happened the last flash. Janus will have to say for sure as I am not sure of what the bad AMD boards do in this situation

Is there a version number I can check? I don't see one in setup. If it's on the energystar screen you'll have to tell me exactly where to look for it because that screen stays visible for about 2 seconds.

Thanks for your help, BTW. I'm a bit frustrated now and may forget my manners :)

Ahh again I am unsure of that as well. It should say it there, somewhere...Can you hit the home key and freeze that screen? Sometimes you can do that.

Did you try to flash it? How did all this begin? I mean was it working and all you are trying to do is install a new system, or was there a flash then a new system attempt to install? Or are you working on someone else's pc?

The Home key doesn't pause the screen.

This is a new board. I'm attempting to install an operating system (Ubuntu) for the first time on this machine. So, it's never run before.

This all started when I first set it up with an IDE CDROM drive (and nothing else) and it wouldn't post. It would post with no boot devices at all, but not with the CDROM connected. I then found it does the same thing with a SATA CDROM and with an IDE compact flash adapter.

Well I am not so sure your CPU is supported by your BIOS, does your box say it is? I say this because the BIOS that does support that CPU is fairly new, and your board may have a older BIOS in it. See my other post for more info about that.

If you have a camera, post your BIOS pages, ALL OF THEM and I will see if maybe something looks out of order to me.

I may not be back for a while though, but I will be back

I'm able to install and run Ubuntu. I did this by starting the machine with only a CDROM attached, and as it was booting I inserted the compact flash card.

That's the only way to boot with both CDROM and disk in this machine, and unfortunately I can't reproduce this with Windows. When I try it with the Windows install disk I get an error instructing me to check for viruses, remove recent drives, etc.

So, it seems the processor is supported. I was able to run Ubuntu, get online, etc.

Still, I can't boot with both a CDROM and a disk. Boot order does not work. Please see my other thread.

Is there any thing like Everest for Ubuntu? SO you can check the BIOS version? It may work but still not be working properly

Actually, now that I have Windows installed on it I can get that with CPU-Z, which tells me I have F3, dated 3/3/2008.

Quote Originally Posted by amyhughes View Post
    Actually, now that I have Windows installed on it I can get that with CPU-Z, which tells me I have F3, dated 3/3/2008.
    I just checked today at Gigabyte and F3 is the latest version of BIOS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information