Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: what coolers will fit GA-P35-DS4

Default what coolers will fit GA-P35-DS4

I am looking to upgrade my cpu cooler to something like the Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 or the Scythe Ninja. The website for thermalright says that I have to remove the Northbridge heatsinks+heatpipes in order to accomodate their cpu cooler. YUCK. Does anyone know for sure if this is true or if there is a particular CPU cooler that will fit well on the DS4 with the northbridge heatpipes left on the motherboard?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: what coolers will fit GA-P35-DS4

I use the Zalman 9700 LED, do not get a 9500 the bracket to install will give you issues....I RMA'd mine after a week for the 9700 (It uses a screw down bracket, and not a clamp down one. No matter what the 9500 images show you they lie, get 9700 if you go this route)

As for the Thermalright, I am not sure I see others dont have a issue (Be sure it will fit in your case or get the 90 version) >>>

Third Post down (Same thread shows Ninja Fitting as well) I also see a few others here with pics, so it looks fine to me
    Code:
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43726
    I saw many others while googling, I think you will be ok as long as your case allows it

I have a 9500AT on mine got it factory refurbed cheap off ebay, it came with the screw down clamp....
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thats ebay, and a gamble if you get that screw clamp or not. But as for what he asked, I think from that thread with images a True 120 will be fine as long as his case will allow it

my DS4 is a rev 2 board and this works excellent. not sure if it will work with the erlier revisions that had a different cooling setup.

Thermaltake CL-P0401 110mm Full-Range Fan CPU Cooler

edit: I did not have to remove or modify any mobo parts to mount this cooler.
    Last edited by jgarland; 04-28-2008 at 08:50 PM.
    GA-P35-DS4, E6850 C2D 3.0ghz, G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Radeon HD3870, 650W Blue psu, Vista Ultimate

Here is what I ended up getting:

Here

Here are some pics with it installed on a gigabyte mobo:

Here

I also looked at the Ninja, and saw some pics of it installed on a gigabyte board. Looked also very good, but someone else got the above mentioned one that I trust and I am expecting great results.

I just finished putting a zalman cnps8000 on my e8400/GA-p35-DS4. Fit like a glove and lowered cpu load temp 10C, from 65 to 55 (OC'd @ 3.6Ghz). Bought it refurbished for $22 on Ebay ($9 for unit $13 for shipping).

Do an Ebay search for zalman. Look for "refurbdoc" as the seller. I'm pretty sure "refurbdoc" is Zalman. All units are under Zalman warranty. When I tracked the shipment it also shipped from Zalman USA.

All pieces were there and in great condition.

I was going to go with the 9700 but didn't think I would need something that big for the E8400. They are cool but just too big and heavy. I also did not want to detract from the copper heatsinks on the p35-ds4, they are quite attractive.

the 8000 wasn't that impressive for the older, hotter, chips like the Pentium D 805 smithfield. But is nice for a cooler chip like e8400, better than stock anyway. Have you seen the ridiculous stock cooler with the e8400?

Thread Information