Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP35-DS3R won't boot off a memory card

Default EP35-DS3R won't boot off a memory card

I have a EP35-DS3R, Rev 2.1, F2 BIOS. I can't get the computer to boot from a USB card reader with a CF card that has been formated to FAT32 and has the DOS boot files. I set the BIOS to enable Legacy USB Storage Detect. When I press [F12], and get the boot device menu, none of the USB choices work. I have no problem when i press [End] and get into Qflash (that works great).

I would like to ditch my floppy drive, but still want the ability to boot into DOS when I need to. This all worked fine with a MSI P6N 650i MB.

If they could fix and the wonky Sys2_Fan, I would be a completely happy camper.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP35-DS3R won't boot off a memory card

Are you sure the DOS boot file are on there properly? I have never done that so not so sure how it is supposed to work. But if you cannot get it, you can run dos from a bootable USB stick, or format a CD-RW to be a DOS bootlable CD as well. Or just make a MS-DOS cd-R. Just some thoughts for you

Default Re: EP35-DS3R won't boot off a memory card

I've used that particular card and reader to boot other machines. I used a utility from HP to make bootable memory cards.

I just though I might get it on the list of things for the BIOS folks to look into.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thread Information