Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ep35-ds4 sound problem

Default ep35-ds4 sound problem

Let me start by saying how much I love my new Gigabyte MB. This thing rocks, OC'd my E8400 to 3.6Ghz on stock cooler with only minor adjustments to Bios, and its completely stable running prime95 for 24hrs.

However, I seem to be having a problem with the audio on this board. All of the sound is scratchy. I have checked the connections and updated the driver and the problem persists. Anyone have any suggestions?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: ep35-ds4 sound problem

You sure your speakers are good? And is it a good PSU you are using? Sometimes cheap ones have interference.

Both the speakers and the psu were from my old rig. They functioned together fine in that one.

How about a new Power strip? That sometimes has feedback as well. I dont do much music work but I do know others have issues with DPC
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/p35-...spiking-26456/

But if you just mean overall static that is generally power supply feedback or bad wiring, or misconnected wires

Well, the problem seems to have stopped. I can't say I did anything to make it stop. The only change I made was to disable the serial and parallel ports in the Bios. I was not intending for this action to fix my audio problem, and I'm not going to claim it did, I was only trying to tie up all the loose ends in the Bios. However the audio is fine now.

Thread Information