Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GA-P35-DS3 - manual FSB Clock change problem

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3 - manual FSB Clock change problem

Good find, I have not seen that fix in a while and forgot all about it!

Hello everybody,

I'm from spain, and I speak english very bad, sorry.

I have a similar problem with my computer. I have: q6600, GA-P35-DS3, 2 modules of ddr2 800mhz takems and Tacens Radix II 520W

My computer worked fine during a half year. suddently one day, the computer don't start. I press power button and everything seems start working: fans moving, hdd turns, lights on, etc, etc but the POST don't start and I can't see anything in the screen. There isn't beeps.

I try turn on the computer many times and don't work. I umplug everything except graphics card and one memory, but nothing. Clear CMOS too. I change the graphic card for another and nothing happens. I change the PSU and don't work again. I turned crazy!! then I removed the cpu and cooler, put new thermal grease and mount everything again and... nothing, the system don't turn on. I spend 2 or 3 days try turn on the computer, and finally, one day the system turn on and everything start to work ok!!!

First, I had my computer on during four days because I was afraid to switch off and can't start again, but finally I restarted my computer and everything went well. Then, I executed Four SP2004 (one per core) during two hours and pass OK. Even, I made overclocking 333x9, spd 2.4 to 800mhz ram, and the test passed OK.

Had passed 3 months from it and today have the same problem, and the system don't start. I have try some same things of last time, but nothing. I have try again and again, sometimes pressing reset button, and one time, the system boot but... the FSB was 177MHZ, q6600 at 1.6Ghz, and RAM at 533. I have enter the bios and try to change FSB manually like slash, and don't work to me like him. The system reboot, it's on (no POST, only the fans turnings, lights on, etc) during 10 or 15 seconds and reboot again. When reboot, or the system init at 1.6ghz or directly don't init, T_T (currently, I can't init).

This isn't an overheating problem because I have 2 case fan, "thermaltake sonic tower" with fan on cpu and extra fan over the chipset. In my room there is already 17, 18C, and when I made overclocking two months ago and pass de SP2004, de temp core max was 60.

Somebody can help me?

Your english is pretty clear man! Sounds like you should again clear your CMOS FULLY and try with one stick of ram. Please see here in Post # 2 for how I suggest to Clear the CMOS >>>

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

I would also advise you to read that whole guide and once you get your system going again with one stick of ram load optimized defaults and then go into Qflash and update your BIOS as this may be part of your issue. I think once you FULLY clear the CMOS you will be able to get in your BIOS again

Here is where you download your BIOS files, DO use Qflash as I show in the Guide. >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2.0)

DO NOT USE @BIOS in windows!!!!

Have you ever updated your BIOS? If not do you know what Version it is by chance?

Lsdmeasap, thank you for your quick answer.

I'm not agree with your opinion about my english but... thank you, jaja

Actually I can't init the system, I have try turn it on at least... 50 times?. Even, I have let the system on (I mean, with the fan turnings, lights on, etc.. put no entering the POST) during two hours and the pc can't boot.

I clear CMOS with quickly shortcircuit with a jumper, large shortcircuit (about 1 min) and removing the battery about a 2 hours and the system don't boot. Actually, I have one stick of RAM and I have try with every two sticks individually in differents banks... and nothing.

I has the latest bios (I think), I believe it was F13i or something else. In the bios support page this bios no exists, there is F12 and F14beta, but several months ago it was there.

I think my MB is broken... or my CPU because I have change PSU, memory and graphics card, and didn't work. Even, I put one of the stick of RAM in other computer, and the RAM works fine. This isn't a surprise for me because when I could init the system, I booted passing the memtest and pass ok.

One question, how can I contact directly to gigabyte RMA in spain? If I go to the shop, they bring back the MB about 2 months!! I said that because other seller told me that contact directly gigabyte is faster. Gigabyte technical center send me here:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/WhereToBu...panyTerritory=

But I wan't buy, and I didn't buy the MB in this shops.

Regards and thank you for you help!!!
    Last edited by uzutake_shikaraiya; 12-05-2008 at 08:46 PM.

Well before you decide to RMA your board, can you test your CPU in another system? If so, you should do that first for sure.

You should try the method I posted in that link above to clear your CMOS, With PSU Unplugged and battery removed with jumper on the pins for 30 minutes or so

About RMA to Gigabyte, I am not sure. You can enter any country here on this USA Form >>
    RMA

But I would call one of these US or Europe Numbers (Or select a closer country to you) and ask directly instead of asking in a email >>
    GIGABYTE

Hi again,

First, thank you Lsdmeasap for your wonderful help. But second... it was imposible to fix the mainboard because de mainboard was broken.

After two days trying, I was capable to init the system at 177mhz fsb (not original 266), and I updated the BIOS version from 13i to 14beta. The flashed seemed ok but it was the last time my system init.

Finally I bougth another mainboard and everything works fine, so I sent my mainboard to RMA in the shop where I bought it.

Thank you again for everything and see you!!

(when I have my mainboard back, I will write you telling how works everything)

Ahh, so it was a bad board then eh? Glad you found it instead of trying to find the problems for a longer time

Good luck with your RMA, and do let us know how quick you get it back. Did it go to gigabyte or is the store going to send you a new one?

I wasn't able to contact with gigabyte directly so I went to the shop where I buy the MB.

Hello again!!

One month later, I got my mainboard back. Really it isn't my mainboard because mi mainboard was a <script type="text/javascript">window).bind("load", function() { $("div#product_images").slideView({ easeFunc: "easeInOutSine", easeTime: 500 //easeFunc: "easeInOutBack", //easeTime: 1200 }); });* </script> GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2.0) and this is a (rev. 1.0). Difference? my broken mainboard has 8 usb conecction and this one only 4.

I'm a little bit disappointed because more than one month later, he give me back a more ancient or lower than the one that I had. Can I claim to the shop??

Thanks for advance!!

Edit: I have mount the mainboard and everythings works fine, thanks for your help!!
    Last edited by uzutake_shikaraiya; 01-20-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information