Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Ninja fit on the EX38-DS4?

Default Re: Will Ninja fit on the EX38-DS4?

Amy,

Sorry for all these posts, but I found 2x1GB that looks very similar to yours except they are red and voltage is 1.8 - 2.0. How do these look to you?

Those should work fine...
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Quote Originally Posted by HemiRick View Post
    Those should work fine...
    Hi Rick,

Are you referring to the 2x1GB sticks?

I plan on using XP 32-bit so I don't think 4GB would do me any good, but the 2x2GB sticks would come in handy if in the future I went to Vista, which at the moment doesn't appeal to me. However, in the future I may change my mind, you never know.

My 32 bit Vista sees 3.5 GB of my 4 GB of ram
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Quote Originally Posted by JVM View Post
    Amy,

Sorry for all these posts, but I found 2x1GB that looks very similar to yours except they are red and voltage is 1.8 - 2.0. How do these look to you?
    Those are the same physical size as mine. They'll fit under a Ninja no problem. WinXP sees 3.5G. Not a full 4, but still worth the price, though the price has gone up since I ordered.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JVM View Post
    Oh, forgot you said 2x2GB. I was just thinking 2x 1GB as I have XP and 2GB is enough. I think you have this <a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122" target="_blank">one</a>. When using 2 x 2GB isn't it best to first install 2 sticks before loading XP and after that put in the other 2 sticks?<br />
    <br />
    I didn't see your blue ones available as 2x1GB, but they should be available somewhere.
    Yes, this is the one I have. There's only two sticks to install for 4G, so you still have 2 empty slots.

There 2x1G version is red. They're the ones you linked in another post. If you want 2G total, get the red ones. For 4G, get the blue ones.

Quote Originally Posted by amyhughes View Post
    Yes, this is the one I have. There's only two sticks to install for 4G, so you still have 2 empty slots.

There 2x1G version is red. They're the ones you linked in another post. If you want 2G total, get the red ones. For 4G, get the blue ones.
    Hi Amy,

I didn't see your post when I ordered but guess what? The ones you have, blue ones, are the ones I bought at Newegg. So, now I will have 4GB of RAM and not sure if I should go with Vista or stay with XP? I am putting together all the parts to build a new system and still undecided on OS. I like XP Home 32-bit, but Vista 64-bit is tempting, although I read so many negative things about Vista that I am kind of leery to make the change.

One other question I have is before installing OS, should I install just 1 stick or is it all right having 2 sticks in?
    Last edited by JVM; 05-04-2008 at 03:52 AM.

I just put Vista on my new rig for the 1st time a month ago and it's ok....Vista that is...UAC is kinda annoying but then it was designed to be....
    Take care,
    Rick

There is supposed to be a way to disable UAC. I know from reading that UAC was one of the most hated features in Vista. Which Vista version did you get and 32 or 64-bit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information