Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-P35-DS3l Revison 2.0 First Boot Problems

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3l Revison 2.0 First Boot Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    And again other times some board/ram combos just have a tough first run with more then one stick in there, especially if it is 4GB
    My word, I never knew boards could be so sensitive I am planning on getting a GA-P35-DS3L and will be using 4 x 1 GB Patriot DDRII-800 RAM. I will remember this tip if I experience the same problem :-)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeap, best to install with 2gb especially if you plan to install vista. Then once your OS is installed you can put the rest in. Now, this isnt a always must do thing, but sometimes it is needed. You can normally go ahead and try with 4gb if it is xp, but if it is vista I would suggest to go ahead and do it with 2 to start off. Saves the hassle

So, about 8 days later, I returned my original motherboard to the company i bought it from and just had a new one shipped to me today and low and behold, it has the same damned error. Currently attached to it, i have my CPU w/ Heat sink, Graphics card, and 1gb of ram. I have flashed the bios, removed the battery for 1 minute (told me to in the booklet) attempted to use my ps2/usb keyboard and a normal ps2 keyboard at the same time. (used 3 different keyboards that i know work with other computers)

When booting i get the wonderful 1 beep of nothing being wrong, when plugging in said keyboards they flash the lights for the num, caps, and scroll lock keys but that is the only response i get from the keyboards themselves.

So the question remains, is there a way to fix this? Or should i be looking for a new company to buy my boards from?

Well are we to guess your hardware? J/K Please post your specs!!!

Sounds to me like you either have incompatible ram, CPU, or A bad GFX card.

What CPU and RAM are you trying to use, and with what BIOS? And Board Revision (it is in the corner under the PCI slots, and on the box sticker)? I know you posted before about your other board, just checking if it is the same this time.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-09-2008 at 04:15 AM.

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

Ram -
    CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) (3 1gig sticks) (only 1 in it atm)

Revsion 2.0 of said GA-P35-DS3L

and Bios version 62.94.0D.00.0N

Hmm well all that "Should" be fine. Are you SURE the ram is good? can you test it in a another system, Ram does come DOA sometimes. Have you tried each one by itself?

Same goes for your GFX card, whatever it is. If it is GTS I have seen a few here that came DOA, can you test it in another system, or test a different card in yours?

What PSU do you have? And the same as above, can you test it elsewhere, or get a different one to test in your system?

And, I would also be thinking about the replacement.....Are you sure it was a new replacement? Was it shrinkwrapped, and where did it come from? I have seen a few people get the exact same boards in return because they tested to be fine

PSU = Power Supply i'm guessing? I have two of those that i've interchanged over the time one running 550w one 700w no change between the two, just tried the ram in my mothers computer and it works fine, trying graphics card now but i'm not expecting it to be the problem

As for it being a new board or not to be honest i have no idea.

Yeah I meant power supply. If it is not the graphics card, I would highly suspect that they gave you the same board back. Hmm you said you tried that ram in your mothers pc, did you try her ram in yours? Some ram just is incompatible. I would try hers and see if maybe your ram just dont work with the board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information