Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-P35-DS3l Revison 2.0 First Boot Problems

Default GA-P35-DS3l Revison 2.0 First Boot Problems

I've finally converted over to the well known tradition of building ones own computer instead of having it factory made and am having a bit of trouble with the motherboard itself.

My computer boots up, gets itself to the first boot bios page where i need to hit f9 or f12 or w/e to setup my bios but my MB wont recognize that my keyboard is plugged into its PS/2 port.

With the advice of other forums and gamers I know, I have tried running the board out of the case, with the minimum needed attached to it, removed the battery from the motherboard, jumped the bios, and yes i made sure that the keyboard was not in the mouse port . Is there some way i can get bios onto my computer without being able to pass this screen? Is there some way I can get my keyboard to work without purchasing a new MB? Thanks in advance for any fast or well thought out responses ^^.

-Runic

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3l Revison 2.0 First Boot Problems

Try another keyboard or test the keyboard in another puter if you know the keyboard's good and plugged into the right port.....That's all you can do....Besides buying a USB keyboard. Sounds like it may be RMA time.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Quote Originally Posted by HemiRick View Post
    Try another keyboard or test the keyboard in another puter if you know the keyboard's good and plugged into the right port.....That's all you can do....Besides buying a USB keyboard. Sounds like it may be RMA time.
    I've tried 3 seperate keyboards, two uniquely PS/2, one USB-PS/2 Converter. Being that it is a GA Motherboard if I'm not mistaken I can't use the USB ports until i turn them on in the bios I can't access yet >.>

According to the Lsdmeasap ( the mod here) the USB keyboard should work even if it's turned off in the BIOS.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Just tried my keyboard in all say... 10ish? Of the USB ports on my computer, none of them respond to any of the keys, just like in my PS/2 slot, it gets the first power on power, then stops responding.

Do you have a speaker plugged in? Is it making any beeps?
    Take care,
    Rick

Just the normal 1 short power-on beep. Sucks that there isn't the so magical longer set of beeps to make my problems more easily solved.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Have you tried using a USB keyboard with a PS/2 converter. It does sound like maybe your keyboard is just having issues with this board but since you tried 2 I am no so sure. And yes even though USB things are off in the BIOS it will work for you. I started mine that I am on now with a USB mouse, and a USB keyboard (But with a PS/2 converter on the keyboard) but I do have it off now, with the options in the BIOS for usb mouse and keyboard off, using them both now strictly USB

What is the rest of your specs? I would suggest if you have 2 or 4 sticks of ram to try doing this with only one in slot 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I would suggest if you have 2 or 4 sticks of ram to try doing this with only one in slot 1
    Why would that make a difference? Just curious :-)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

For a few reasons, sometimes one stick is needed/best for install if you are using 2x2gb sticks.

Other times using one stick is just easier because you may have only one working stick/slot OR NONE...And that is the easiest way to find out

And again other times some board/ram combos just have a tough first run with more then one stick in there, especially if it is 4GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information