Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: first time freze in windows

Default first time freze in windows

hi ppls i had problems with boot hi stack on detecting id de..... and now there is no that problems but now my computer stack in windows vista..
    i wasnt on computer there was scrin saver and music on winamp when i get on computer hi was stacked music just play one tone... like biiiiiiiii....... and scrin with vista scrin saver was stack. i had to restart computer

what can be problem?? do someone know becouse i had problems with MB that is way i think that problem can be in mb ??? cipset or what ever?

my mb is GA-p35 -ds3! i dont know is this all serial of this mb with some bugs
    thx again

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: first time freze in windows

Still need some memory timings adjusted. Freezing normally means memory errors, unless you have a virus maybe?

Post me some pics of your new MIT BIOS settings page

here is my mit page
    Download Image014.jpg free - Uploading.com

Download Image015.jpg free - Uploading.com

its mabey in ram voltage but i dont know what to set up there my ram is kingston 2 x 1 gb 800 mhz. what you think??

Yes, and timings. Please take out one of your sticks and see what the sticker says the voltage should be (I think it should be 1.8, but you should set to 1.9 for stability)

I would make these settings FOR SURE. As you see AUTO is causing you issues.

If you do not want to change all the subtimings to what I suggest, at least DO CHANGE the ones in BOLD

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [10]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [200]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100] *IMPORTANT*
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [4.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

CAS Latency Time_____________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay______ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_____5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)________18

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_______3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay______4-7 or 9-11
    Write to Precharge Delay______3-6
    Refresh to ACT Delay________42
    Read to Precharge Delay_______3-5
    Static tRead Value_______________ 7-8 Try 8 first, if no good then try 9-10
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ Auto

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.100V] +.1=1.9 ] *IMPORTANT*
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]

ok ok man thxx i will try it when i get home now am on job. you think that can solve problems ? can that setings harm computer when its set like mine now? so i need to take a look on ddr cover to see what voltage i need to set up what i need to set up if there is 1.8v? on cover becouse you give me for 1.9 and last time when i try to set up something there hi telling me that i need to setup something else to becouse of stability!

NO man, I would NEVER suggest anything that would harm your PC at all. And yes that can help solve problems for SURE.

If it is 1.8, 1.9 would be ok still. The other things are MOST important though

man i just set up that two most importment things put mhz on 100 and puut overcontrol voltage to memory +0.1 ! that is same +0.100 right becouse it not telling me +0.1 , +0.2 , and caple more that are RED

and i cant change cas latency time .... and rest .. becouse hi is not giveing me options to change anything
    but for exemple its look like this

CAS latency time ....................5 and <Auto > do this means that hi is on auto and that is 5 so no need changes ??

and about momory voltage i cant found anything on memory cover .. i take a look in manual to, but nathing about seting up voltage. i put like you say i hope that is ok . my ram is

kingston 2x1 gb on 800mhz CL5

+.1 if fine for that ram for sure, I looked it up, it is 1.8 so 1.9 would be fine, or and setting it on auto would possibly give it MORE so best to not do that.

As for the timings, you need to change this to be able to change them all >>>
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual] <<< You must have it on Auto, change to manual then you can change the settings

And it just looks like 5, and it likely is for the first few, but the others you want to change. Best to put on manual and make sure those first 4 are set to 5-5-5-18 yourself. What is shows you on the left, or right that is not always what it sets them to when you are using windows. Those are what it is using right then in the BIOS, and it will often change.

If you want to try to fix your error, set them manually, and best to actually set them all

ok ok i setup all now we will see how its working now :)

Thread Information