Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-P35-S3G no post/boot

Default GA-P35-S3G no post/boot

System:
    MB: GA-P35-S3G
    CPU: Q9300 (Yorkfield 45nm)
    PSU: Antec EarthWatts 500W
    MEM: 2x2GB Buffalo DDR2 800MHZ
    GPU: Palit GF8800GT 512MB

When I for the first time powered on the new build, the graphics card post was ok but then it just said "Scanning BIOS image in Hard Drive ..."

I then tried to clear the bios and remove the HD/DVD drives. When I removed one of the memory sticks I got the Gigabyte BIOS logo and then some text ...reverting to last known... something. The OS hasn't been installed yet so it ended at the empty HD.

However when I rebooted again got a short beep and then nothing, no post, nothing from the graphics card, only the fans going at maximum speed. Sometimes there would be a double boot. The beep then start, then shutdown and a beep again and again only the fans going at full speed. Again I tried every sort of combo, when no memory was installed it gave two beeps, as it should.

I got the hardware from a local shop. From them I got a pair of Corsair memory sticks to try, but that didn't help, no combination.

Then, from the Gigabyte site I noticed that the default BIOS (F1 or F2) doesn't support Q9300, would need to flash to F3b or F4b. Again the shop lent one of those basic Double Core Pentiums that work just about everywhere so I could flash the BIOS, but that didn't help either. Same one beep and fans going full speed. Also tried running out of the case.

Unless its the GF8800GT or the PSU sounds like a faulty BIOS??

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35-S3G no post/boot

Did you try 1GB stick of corsair in slot one?

*EDIT*

Hey, being as you said local hardware store and "Scanning BIOS image in Hard Drive" on your first boot, This means someone has already USED and KILLED that board with a BAD BIOS flash.

Are you SURE it was brand new, shrinkwrapped? IF not demand your Cash back because that is what message you see if you mess up your flash. It would NOT come from gigabyte with a failed flash in it, DOA yeah maybe, but not with that message
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-02-2008 at 06:16 AM.

Picked up the parts separately, it was the full retail box, all plastic wraps, anti-static bags, cd sleeves etc... looked 'factory new'.

It did post under *one* hardware combo *once*, then never to do that again (neither post or scanning bios image... message).

If not completely DOA, I think the BIOS was close to beeing that from the beginning.
    Last edited by DanS; 05-02-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, I would RMA the board to the place you bought it then DOA if you can, it would be faster then sending it to GA RMA.

If you need their RMA page let me know

Thread Information