Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-P35-DS3L not powering on

Default GA-P35-DS3L not powering on

Ok so i have:
    -GA-P35-DS3L motherboard
    -Intel Core 2 duo E6750
    -4 GB of Corsair 800 MHZ ram (4 sticks)
    -EVGA 8800GTS graphics card
    -Pioneer CD/DVD Sata drive
    -Samsung 500GB SATA 16mb cache HD
    -Antec SLK 2650-BQE casing

so i made sure i plugged in everything to the correct slots into the motherboard (frontal usb, power, led, power supply, etc...), the cpu is in properly with thermal paste between the cpu and the heatsink.

When i switch the PSU power on, the PSU fan automatically starts spinning, but when i press the power button on the case, there is a green flash on the power led in the front for about one second, and then nothing happens. the motherboard doesnt boot up, none of the system fans spin, and the cpu fan doesnt spin either. i tried unplugging everything except for the video card and cpu/fan, and still nothing. i then unplugged the video card as well. still nothing. the cpu doesnt get hot even with the fan not spinning so im assuming the cpu is not even booting up.

it seems to me like im not getting any power from the PSU to the motherboard. all the part are brand new. any ideas or suggestions? i cant get any power into anything!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3L not powering on

Reseat the CPU first, it may be in there wrong or not tight enough to make a connection, then try with one ram stick in slot one. Also if you have one get a old power switch from another case to try out, and test to see if maybe your case switch is bad or loose connection inside it

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3L not powering on

You do have the ATX 4/8 pin power connector for the CPU plugged in?
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Thread Information