Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Sort of a discovery on the endless reboots....

Default Sort of a discovery on the endless reboots....

I've seen this issue posted many times various places, and my P35-DS4 rev2.1 also has suffered from it. Made sort of a small discovery and fixed it on my machine. I have an X-fi sound card that this board has never quite liked to begin with. From the start I've had some minor I/O issues with that sound card on this board. I say minor cause they can be worked around. Anyways, after finally getting fed up with the card with the flakey vista drivers, I got mad enough to take the damn thing out and use the onboard sound. Seems with the x-fi, it would set up my 4.1 speakers fine, then out of no where weeks later decide it doesnt like it and only work in 2.1 mode.

Anyhow, while that card was in (from the beginning of this board's life), it was very rare I would get a clean normal reboot. Outside of those rare times, at best, it would boot after 2 or 3 attempts/cycles. At worst, it was that endless cycling which probably occured 30% of the time. As soon as I took that x-fi out, which has been about 2 weeks ago now, the computer boots perfectly now, first time every time. You guys with the boot cycling may want to try removing PCI cards to see if there is any change. Maybe you have one that is causing the boot cycling. Sure seems to of done the trick for me.

Default Re: Sort of a discovery on the endless reboots....

That worked on one of the 2 machines I built. Just had to switch slots for the wireless card. On my current problem machine, there are no PCI cards, only ATI graphics card. I'm in the endless recycle loop

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Unplug the machine from the wall, put a jumper on the clear cmos pins and let it sit for 10 minutes. If nothing then all you can do is RMA

That is if you are sure it is not your ram causing this

Lsdmeasap - isn't there a beep sequence for a RAM error. Most of us with the recycle problem get No beeps.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Do you have a case speaker? If you did not hook up a case speaker you will not hear any beeps ever, it does not go thru your normal speakers....

And I really meant he should test both sticks of ram separately in a different PC because bad ram can cause the PC not to boot and cycle as well.

Here is just one thread of proof of this, there are many I just link this one because it was posted today
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ex38...nt-boot-26541/

Thread Information