Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 965p-DS4 Vdroop etc

Default 965p-DS4 Vdroop etc

How i can eliminate Vdroop, some physical mods but how?
    Is it ok to use different revisions bios, my is rev 1.0.
    What GtlReference voltage this board have?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: 965p-DS4 Vdroop etc

That will void your warranty. That being said (And yes it is the same for your board, read all 3 url's and all pages in each beforehand) >>>>
    Code:
    http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=83208
    http://sg.vr-zone.com/articles/Gigabyte_GA_965P_DS3_Core_2_Motherboard_%28Pencil_Mods%29/3870-9.html
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135226&page=3

And no, you should not use different rev bios with your revision

I agree with Lsd, Do you think you know more than the Intel engineers about the voltages your processor needs....I run with Loadline calibration DISabled for this same reason.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Yes, the better thing to do is watercooling, or increase your vcore to above what you need. And I can also suggest to you to get a P-35, I have a 965P-S3 with TERRIBLE Vdroop, so I bought a P35-DS4 also it has .03 to ZERO Vdroop, get you one of those it is MUCH better. Most times I see .0021 Vdroop, with loadline disabled. Plus there is your bonus reason to buy a P35-DS4, loadline control. Get a Rev 2.1 or a EP35-DS4 same thing.

Warranty is not big problem, i have modded mb:s and gfx:s.

Problem is that other revisions have 45nm bios.

Vdroop is 0,02V (real, not software), 150€ Mb because of vdoop doesnt sounds good.
    Wondering is there big different for 24/7 clocks with 965p and p35 or x38?

Yes, P35 and X38 has way better overclocks reachable if that is what you meant, just better overall. If you want to wait a bit, P45 is about to come out, but of course that would cost more $$
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/earl...-ga-p45-26470/

So that mod works on my board?
    Still want to know why not use example F11F bios, f10 dont support 45nm.
    Shame that cheaper boards got only 6-phase power.

Well there is plenty of pages stating yes that mod works on your board, but personally I never did it.

As for your BIOS concern, most of the CPU support lists are way behind anyway, I see tons of users using the new quads on bios F1 for example where there board doesnt even have 45nm support until F3. So I would say try the cpu before you try to brick your board with a improper BIOS. As for actually getting a Gigabyte answer, you could ask Janus (If your BIOS would support the cpu, and or the BIOS from a different revision), and get a NO and that still be wrong on both parts...... So you wont really ever know until you test the CPU for one, and then attempt to brick your board.

My suggestion would be get the cpu and try it with the latest versin for your board, if it didnt work and you had the cash for a new board then you could try the improper BIOS and if it killed your board then you could buy a new one, RMA the old bricked one and then sell the replacement when you get it back

Thread Information