Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R, three beeps, no post

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R, three beeps, no post

Hmm, I would say from your comment there it may be your GFX card, but if you tried a different one then I guess not.

Sounds like you should RMA the board maybe. Crucial does not work very well with P35. What was the other ram you tried?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hmm, I would say from your comment there it may be your GFX card, but if you tried a different one then I guess not.

Sounds like you should RMA the board maybe. Crucial does not work very well with P35. What was the other ram you tried?
    Firstly, apologies for the 'not so instant' reply Lsdmeasap...I'm having to jump on the wife's lappy when she's not using it!

Secondly, thanks for taking the time to advise - I know it's very hard for you to dianose all different scenarios and must be frustrating.

Can I expand a bit on my initial post.

The problem started about 3-4 weeks ago and as I'd tried swapping things out to no avail, got an RMA and returned it. They sent it back and said it had posted fine for them!!

Started whole process over again, re-seated cpu swapped ram (don't know make btw....just generic I think...) re-tried different pci-e gpu (all done out of the case) anyway, luckily and suddenly, it posted!! Don't what happened but it did.

I put it back in the case and added each component one at a time with success untill everything was back in place.

It ran fine for about 10 days.....then the exact same thing happened.

Now back to square 1!!

Could it be an intermittent fault on the board and this is why it posted ok for the RMA....or intermittent fault on my hardware somewhere??

This is my dilemma.....don't know what to try next really!

thanks for any more advise you can give.....

Ya, I try my best. But sometimes without being there in person it just does not get figured out

It could be your Power supply or Hard drive failing. Do you have a different Power supply to test with? If not can you borrow one? EDIT* see you already did this

As for the Hard drive, I have seen a dead or dying drive cause issues similar many times. And yes dead or dying can also show as in good health in some apps as well? So Who knows with that!

So, did you ever try a different Graphics card?

Or a Newer/older BIOS

As for your Generic ram, that may also be incompatible like the Crucial and could also cause or add to these issues.

Anyway you can get your hands on, or buy, some Mushkin or G.Skills 800Mhz to be sure?

Have you tested with the minimal (CPU/Heatsinks/one stick of ram inslot one/Graphics card) and then added parts one at a time? This way you should find the problem, unless it is one of the above mentioned

Just about to start my evenings fun time of troubleshooting this problem again!!

I've still got the mobo in the case but disconnected the HDD's....same beeps!

Graphics will come out next. The generic ram I had to try is now not available to me - but last time it made no difference - still got the beep,beep,beep etc...

Just so you can hear what I'm hearing - I've upped an mp3 recording of the beeps...(are these classed as short or long beeps would you say...?)

http://tinyurl.com/4qshnv

The 3 beeps-<pause>-continuous beeps are not listed as standard award bios error codes....but this thread (and others I've read) indicate they should be I think...

Hmm I am not sure. Sounds like 3 short, then continuous short to me? Is that what you think?

Have you tried your GFX card in the second PCI-E Slot, Incase it is just continuous beeps. Have you tested this card on a different PC to be sure it is not DOA?

Maybe you should take it out of the case, check all power connections and see if that helps.

Do you have a older PSU to test with, as continuous which it could also be is power error

I cannot say for sure, but they do sound like the short beeps. I will see about causing some errors on my board tonight, and compare the sounds and get back to you later on

Hi again, many thanks for keeping an interest in my problem, I very much appreciate it

What I did last night before I had to call it off for a while was (with the board still in the case)....unplug the existing PSU, HDD's and just had the cpu/fan, GPU,1 stick of ram in slot 1,kb&m attached....

When I powered on, I got the same 3 beeps - a pause - then 8 beeps, followed by everything shutting down for 5 secs, it then sprang back into life with the 3 beeps - a pause - and then the continuous beeps again.....

It did exactly the same thing when I re-connected the original PSU and is now back to just the continuous beeps again (after the 3 beeps - pause - start up!)

I only have 1 pci-e slot in this board unfortunately. I'm gonna re-try the other grapics card I have - a passively cooled HD2400.If that's the same, I'll clear the cmos again and then if no good - take it all out of the case and try the bare minimum for a post

Sorted!!!

Turned out to be a bad stick of ram!!!

All the swap out testing I did earlier was when it refused to power up at all - that was rectified by re-seating the heatsink - it then powered up.....but still had the beeps coz the bad stick was still in the mobo when it powered up.

There were then umpteen swap outs trying to get it working, but then it posted with the good stick out of the two I have....BUT....it also posted when I re-inserted the (then unknown) dodgy stick....and ran fine for a while as I said....but it's dodginess revealed itself again eventually.

This time, with just the beeps to troubleshoot, it was easier to find. After swapping, the PSU, graphics it was onto the ram....the 1st stick I took out was the good one of the two so the it still wouldn't post, but when I took that one out and put the other (good) stick in, it posted fine...and just to confirm it, I put the bad one back in and beeped away again.

Now I'm a gig down on my ram for a bit....but at least my pooter's OK again....

So to summarise, if anyone has an award bios with the same beep tones I was getting; 3 beeps (pause) constant short(ish) beeps, look to your RAM first

Thanks again for your input Lsdmeasap......

Nice to see you found it! I had thought ram, that is why I asked you to test one stick in slot one. Guess I forgot to mention you should try them all one by one!

Anyway, glad you got it working!

Buy yourself some Mushkins and get on with it!

Sorry to Jump on an old thread, but the problem I am having is very similar to the OP.

I've had this board for almost 2 years, and it only recently started having this problem. When I first turn my computer on I get 3 long beeps followed by continuous long beeps. If I let the computer beep for a minute or 2 then power off and power back on then the computer boots just fine. It will stay running for days, but once I turn it off and let it sit for a while it repeats the cycle. I have an 500W PS which is a little over 3 years old, so my first guess was the Power supply. I got a 750W Antec, same problem. I then tried an old PCI Express video card I had laying around, and I have the same problem. It seems to me the Motherboard is the problem. What do you guys think? How is Gigabyte's RMA process? I'd hate to pay shipping to send it in and have them tell me there is nothing wrong.

Thanks for any input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information