Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R, three beeps, no post

Default GA-P35C-DS3R, three beeps, no post

Computer was running fine, was shut down properly and not used for about 36 hours. When I turned it on again the system wouldnt not POST and would only produce 3 beeps and then restarts. In the manual beep codes are listed, but there is no three beep beep code. The only thing that looks to me like it might work is a power supply issue which is continuous short beeps.

I thought it might be a power supply problem, so I tested the board with another powersupply and tested my powersupply with a power supply tester. My powerstupply is fine and the board displayed the same problems with the other power supply. I also tested the board with diffrent memory and useing each stick I had in it initially individually and continued to have the same problem.

Anybody have any ideas what might be wrong?

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R, three beeps, no post

i forget which bios we have. I didn't want to reboot :) check out the beep codes.

Computer Post / Beep codes
    E6750 @ 3.6 1.45v (L722A495), (G)MCH +.1v | Gigabyte P35C DS3R -F4g Bios
    2 X 1gig Crucial Ballistixs DDR2 800(1:1) 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v
    EVGA 8800 GTS 640 (690/1090) | Corsair HX 520 | Tuniq Tower 120
    WD Caviar 320 | WD 120 | Sony Optiarc DVD | Antec 900 | XP Pro

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Could also be Graphics card error, if you can try another graphics card. Also if you want/can post the error codes recorded and I will have a listen

Thanks for the replies.

I looked at the link for the beep codes but unfortunantly there wasnt really anything much listed for Award BIOS, which I think we have in this board.

I'm going to see if I can borrow a friends GUP to test out and I'll try to see if I can manage to get a recording, but like it said its just <press power button> beep beep beep <restart>. I'm fairly certian they are three short beeps.

Well towards the end of your manual you will find the error codes, and there isnt 3 short beeps error, so that is why I would like to hear it myself.

And yes it is Award BIOS

The only one with 3 beeps are Monitor or Graphics card error, Here is your error codes incase you do not have the manual >>>>

1 short: System boots successfully
    2 short: CMOS setting error
    1 long, 1 short: Memory or motherboard error

1 long, 2 short: Monitor or graphics card error <<< Only one that may sound like 3 beeps I would think

1 long, 3 short: Keyboard error
    1 long, 9 short: BIOS ROM error
    Continuous long beeps: Graphics card not inserted properly
    Continuous short beeps: Power error

I can say without a doubt that the beeps are all of the same exact length.

And I just remembered I have an mp3 player sitting around that can record sound, I'll go see if I can record it right now.

1 Beep followed by 3 Beeps then continuous beeping - unplug power cable - disconnect battery from motherboard to clear CMOS - Connect battery after about 10-20 seconds - restart computer.

Hi

I have the EXACT same symptoms and board. Did you ever resolve this issue please and if so, how.

Really appreciate any guidance. I have tried diff memory sticks, power supply and graphics. I sent off the board back to supplier assuming it was faulty but they said it posted just fine.....

It wouldn't even post outside of the case for me when I got it back, eliminating the possibility of a case short...

Everything worked fine for the 1st 12mths of it's life, then I shut it down one night and had the post problem thereafter!

Q.
    Can a faulty monitor cause a failure to post as I am on my 3rd replacement monitor (which are usually refurbs anyway as the original was over 12mths old....)

*stuck*
    Last edited by Rex_Ham; 09-10-2008 at 11:05 PM.

I do not think a monitor would cause that, unless it is dead. So what beeps are you getting?

And what ram have you tried? Did you try with only one stick of ram in slot one? Have you tried to Clear the CMOS? Can you get in the BIOS at all?

If you have not tried to clear the CMOS please see the Pinned guide for BIOS flashing I posted, it has a Clear CMOS procedure in it

Thanks for the reply Lsdmeasap

I've cleared the cmos, I've got 2 sticks of 667 Ballistix that I've tried individually in slot1 and I've tried some other good sticks of ram from a working PC....

The beeps are exactly as the OP's.....3 beeps when pushing the power button on, followed by constant beeps of appx half a second in duration.

As I said it hasn't missed a beat for 12 months, but it all started with the colours started getting like a purple-ish tinge on them and a restart wouldn't clear it.

But a cold boot revealed the lack of a post!

I have tried a different GPU with the same result unfortunately!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information