Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EX38 DS4 New Build

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EX38 DS4 New Build

ok you that make sense I forgot to change up my CPU FSB when I flashed to F3

Ok rerunning test with the settings changed

Does ECC need to be enabled.
    Last edited by cloudsdale; 05-07-2008 at 10:03 PM.

ECC? You should not have that option that is for server memory. Where are you seeing this at?

o I was just wondering wen running Memtest86+ said it was disabled didnt know if needed to be enabled. I reran test with correct settings and those 2 sticks that came up with errors did again, so I sent them to back to get refund. Going to send back my other (2x1) sticks once my order for the 2x2 come in.

Ya i'm ok with tweaking the stuff now. I just wanted to get 2x2, so I have the option to upgrade to more in the future without having to try and resell the old ram. As far as tweaking stuff would I need to do anything much different to how I have it set now for 4x1

Yes, MCH and Refresh to act would need adjusted. And just keep in mind 2x2 overclocking is a little harder then 4x1, but less stressful on your board. You will do fine, just playing around and testing is the best way to do things. When you have the time of course.

What I do is take advantage of the BIOS profiles options and save a normal default (Overclocked just one I know is stable) to use all the time, and then I keep a few other profiles that I am "Working" on getting better timings in. Then once I have those I rename the profile to XXX Stable and move on to the next or make the new better one my normal default one.

BIOS profiles are GREAT and not many use them! Not sure how many your board will save for you, but my DS4 does 8 or 10 I think. On the main page of the BIOS F11 is save, and F12 is load. Check it out, just be sure to use names you will know what is what

alright thank you for all the help. its nice to actually be able to use my computer

Anytime! Yeah I hate it when I cant use mine at all either! Even if it is for a few hours to reinstall some hardware!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information