Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound not working EP35-DS3

Question Sound not working EP35-DS3

Hi,

I've had my new system for about 2 weeks now I think. Everything is working fine. I even managed to overclock (1st timer!) my Q6600 to 3,0 GHz with box cooling and had no probs at all. The last thing I did was what I thought to be the simple thing: Plug in my speakers. I have just a simple 2 speaker stereo speaker set. I plugged it in and sound manager detected it. I tried all I could think of (reinstalled audio drivers, tried different input jacks) but no sound! What's going on?? Anybody??

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Sound not working EP35-DS3

Try this. Go in safe mode Open device manager and uninstall the Realtek driver, and the Microsoft HD audio driver, then reboot in safe mode again and install the realtek driver only from here, and be sure if it does work for you to not install the MS one via windows update >>>
    Realtek

If it does not work.... I dunno, have you installed the latest Inf installer from intel? >>>
    Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

Thumbs up Re: Sound not working EP35-DS3

I installed the Inf driver that came with the driver cd. I went to Gigabyte's website and noticed it wasn't the latest so I downloaded and installed it. It works!!! Thanx!
    So what does this Inf driver do anyway??

Well The one I linked you to above the second link is likely newer then even the one on Gigabytes site. It is just a intel driver that controls various things, hubs, usb ports, chipsets and other things. Like you see sound as well!

Glad you got it figured out, it is normally something small like that. Enjoy your board, and feel free to post back if you have any issues and I will try to help best I can

Talking Re: Sound not working EP35-DS3

I'll tell you what! Actually the one that your link links to is version 8.3.1.1009 which is the same that came on the CD with my board. The version on the (European) Gigabyte site is version 8.3.1.1011!! Isn't that weird? Gigabyte has a newer version than Intel itsself?

Angry IT won't work anymore after reinstall of Windows!!

I just did a clean install of Vista Ultimate because it was getting unstable. It's stable now but no more sound! None of the INF files will work! Not the 8.3.1.1009, the 8.3.1.1011 or even the 9.0.0.1011! I get no sound!! $%#^$#&!!! I can't believe this!! Can anybody help?
    Last edited by net_skillz; 08-21-2008 at 02:42 AM.

Install the Intel Chipset Driver again and go thru the above fix once more in post #2 and install the realtek drivers

I tried that vairous times but no succes... I'm wondering now if maybe I have the wrong audio driver installed? When I hold my mouse over the little speaker icon in the task bar, it says "Digital Output device (SPDIF) High Definition Audio device" but I have nothing like that connected and don't remember it saying that before... I just have simple LCD monitor with simple built in speakers en 2 simple (old) speakers... It all worked fine before I did this clean install of Windows.. What do you think?

Anybody? Please? It's pretty frustrating not getting something to work when it should be so easy....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information