Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EX38-DQ6 Won't OC Anymore

Default Re: EX38-DQ6 Won't OC Anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You can see your actual VID (Which is different for each chip no matter if they are the same model or not), which is the specified voltage your chip has been tested to need to run at stock speed by looking in CoreTemp >>>

Core Temp
    That is exactly what is said in the datasheet.

Thanks for the Core Temp info as vcore is a complicated subject that maybe we can explore in the overclock thread or whereever you think is more appropriate.

Have you seen Real Temp yet???

On the first link just the first post is really important for the down load link but the whole thread is there. The next two links are short and important background.

Real Temp - New temp program for Intel Core processors - XtremeSystems Forums

XtremeSystems Forums?

XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - **Official e8400/e8500 Retail OC Thread

XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - **Official e8400/e8500 Retail OC Thread

This program gives my vid as 1.15v, which is exactly the stock bios voltage. I have since changed it manually to 1.10 as per my limited understanding of the Intel Datasheet.

Anyway I don't want to hijack this thread, just wanted to give some info I have found while trying to learn about my new E8400.

As I said maybe it would be more appropriate to discuss this in the OC sticky thread. ???

Quote Originally Posted by nataSofCols View Post
    I've been running an e8400 @ 3.6 for over a month now. Today I noticed my machine was off, so I hit the power button to bring it up. It booted just fine, showing the CPU @ 3.6 and during the BIOS memory check, it rebooted and restored the stock speed. I have been playing around with it trying different settings to get it to OC and I can't seem to do it now. I've been through the tweak guide on this site, but doesn't seem to help. Here is my info:

Motherboard: GA-EX38-DQ6
    CPU: Intel E8400
    RAM: Patriot 2x2GB PC6400 (4-4-4-12) @ 2.2V
    Video: eVGA 8800GTS 512MB PCIe
    Bios: Revision - F2

MIT
    CPU Clock Ratio 9 X
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio +0.0
    CPU Host Clock Control Enabled
    CPU Host Frequency 400
    PCI Express Frequency Auto
    C.I.A.2 Disabled
    Performance Enhance Standard
    System Memory Multiplier 2.00D
    DRAM Time Selectable Manual
    CAS Latency Time 5
    DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay 5
    DRAM RAS# Precharge 5
    Precharge delay(tRAS) 15
    Advanced Timing Controls All set to Auto
    CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control 800mv
    CPU Clock Skew Control Normal
    (G)MCH Clock Skew Control Normal
    System Voltage Control Manual
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control +0.40V
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control +0.10V
    FSB OverVoltage Control +0.10V
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control +0.100
    Loadline Calibration Enable
    CPU Voltage Control 1.35000V

My goal was to get my CPU up to 4.0, but after running into issues, I just settled with 3.6. I really don't want to have to settle with 3.
    This also happened to me with my P35- DS4 .. Pushed my E6850 to 4ghz locked up on orthos , when it rebooted , locked at 3ghz even when i loaded presets for OC .. ie : 3.6 or 3.8 ghz would aways boot 3.0 ghz
    To rectify either reflash bios or clear cmos ( short jumper pins ) easier way to do it ..
    Hope this helps :)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

@ Merman

My image is for a 65nm XEON and has nothing to do with 45nm ones, and that just happens to be MY VID.

Yeah, I have seen and use RealTemp, But My temps are fine so I dont even look at them, every once in a while I will watch them in Everest, but since I own a license I can see all options in everest, so I use it for everything

As for you VID of 1.15, all that means is your CPU has been overclock tested by intel to be guaranteed to run at stock speed with 1.15 Voltage. it is in now way a limit, and is in now way stating that you absolutely have to use that to run stock. They often raise it a bit to ensure stability.

Ill have my Xeon E3110 Monday so By Monday night I will be able to tell you my VID and then what I need per my chip to run 4Ghz or so

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information