Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contents of Flash drive not showing up when trying to update with Qflash -- Question?

Default Re: Contents of Flash drive not showing up when trying to update with Qflash -- Quest

Reformatted the Adata Drive to fat16 and Qflash sees it fine.....IMHO Qflash does NOT work w FAT32
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Default Re: Contents of Flash drive not showing up when trying to update with Qflash -- Quest

I had the same problem with my Lexar flash drive. It was formated to fat32 and I checked that in XP and Vista.

It worked fine in both versions of windows but Q-flash would not recognize the drive.

Per lsdmeasap's suggestion I reformated the drive in fat32 with vista and Q-flash immediately recognized the drive as a floppy drive.

Vista still sees this flash drive as a hard drive and now it works with Q-flash.

I don't know how the flash drive manufactures are formating these drives but many don't work with Q-flash as they come from the factory.

Hey cool i got something right for once lol! I just have a 128MB flash drive for bios flashing! cost 5 euro!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeah, I use Fat32. So It sounds like I may actually just depend on the USB stick as to what actually will be visible in Qflash. So if anyone is reading this and they are having issues try with both, FAT32 and FAT16.

It is Sounding like it is stick dependent as to which works for who, I havent tested Fat16, but I will today on 3 sticks SanDisk, PNY, and another I cant think of. I will post my results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information