Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-X48-DQ6 Won't OC Anymore

Default Re: GA-X48-DQ6 Won't OC Anymore

Yes! I did the unplug the power cord for ten minutes and the jumper every single time. Maybe the F7b when it is fully a NON Beta BIOS and becomes the F7.

C.I.A.2 is my only option for now. Maybe the next Intel CPU introduction in the E series will have an unlocked multiplier or a 400 MHz FSB. Or maybe there will eventually be an Extreme version of the E series with a 400 MHz FSB. Then we might get 10 x 400 MHz FSB for a final CPU speed of 4 GHz. Apply C.I.A.2 "Turbo" to that and we could hit 4.5 GHz.

Hey, we can all dream, right? Thanks for all of your help. I have advanced as a computer enthuesiest and can even flash my BIOS thanks to you. Story not over, just on hold for a little while till better options materialize.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

michaelboss,

I have the exact same problem in my GA-X48-DQ6, which I bought today. I can't touch "CPU Host Clock Control", even if I let it at the clock at the default (266MHz), the board just quickly starts, turns off and starts again with "CPU Host Clock Control" disabled.

Also, I have no problem overclocking using the board auto-settings or Easy Tune 5 Pro on Windows.

It's known that Intel chipsets quickly reboots the board to adjust something I don't remember when they're overclocked, it happens on Asus and other manufacturers, so a quick reboot is expected, but turning clocks back to default isn't.

I believe unfortunatelly our boards are defective :(

My config:
    Core 2 Duo E6600
    2x2GB GSkill 800MHz
    Last edited by fbreve; 05-14-2008 at 10:58 AM.

fbreve,

By "using the board auto-settings" do you mean C.I.A.2?

I did not load Easy Tune 5 Pro from the driver disk that came with the board. When in Easy Tune 5 Pro, is the overclock constant, or is it only when the CPU is under a high load as in C.I.A.2?

EDIT: Please tell me exactly what your main settings are in M.I.T. at the time that you use Easy Tune 5 Pro. Did you have everything on the factory defaults when you started? I would like to leave my new OCZ RAM at 1066, so if you only used the "Easy Mode" in Easy Tune 5 Pro to increase the FSB, what was your System Memory Multiplier set at? etc...

When I get home I need to do some reading. I had not considered Easy Tune 5 Pro.
    Last edited by michaelboss; 05-15-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: additional content

michaelboss,

Using Easy Tune 5 Pro I was able to set the FSB, however I couldn't change the memory multiplier, the overclock is constant. I just increased the FSB a little, but I wasn't happy with it.

I found out that the problem in boot time was caused by a card reader device attached to a USB hub which was attached to an usb port. By removing all the USBs devices (except keyboard and mouse) and pluging them one-by-one I've found this issue.

But now, when the computer enter at S3 mode (sleep), when I turn it on again, it keeps resetting indefinitely, until I turn off the power supply and turn it on again, enter the setup and enable the manual fsb values again.

DO not use Sleep/resume. Disable that so you do not keep trying or you can cause BIOS failure and need a RMA

But I do like Sleep/Resume function. If this expensive Gigabyte garbage cannot handle it, I prefer to just return it and buy a much cheaper Asus, which works just fine.

Gigabyte and Asus are the same company now, with GA owning more >>>
    Asus and Gigabyte to merge mobo manufacturing ops | Register Hardware
    Asus and Gigabyte form joint venture for own-brand motherboards

And just my 2 cents on the Asus front, I used to love Asus but go read the bad reviews on newegg and you will see a TON of DOA's nowadays

Lsdmeasap,

I used to love Asus as well, all my PCs since my Pentium MMX had Asus motherboards.

But my P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi failed in a bios update and Asus CrashFree Bios 3 was completely useless.

That's why I changed to Gigabyte, since it seems they're the best motherboard manufacturer nowadays, but after all these problems I'm facing, I am almosting going back to Asus.

Well wow, I have had several GA boards here recently none have had issues that I was unaware of when buying (Knock on wood) the sleep issue is the only one I have on any of my boards, which i know to disable and not use. Which I didnt use anyway since a cold boot is about the same as a resume anyway with todays system speeds

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information