Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E6550 voltage and core speed ??

Default Re: E6550 voltage and core speed ??

Ok got coretemp running and its 42c Idle but a quick boot in the bios says its 35. I dont suppose it matters as it doesnt go over 57 with software monitoring and I have the bios set to over temp alarm at 60c and its not done that yet and I have trashed it with a thing called super PI, just a number cruncher program.
    Thank you again Lsdmeasap,

martop

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeap, you will be fine even up to 70c, but that is getting towards the top range. Keeping it under 65 is good. All in the cooler you have. What are you using anyway? I ask because that does seem a little high for not being overclocked at all. But not to worry, still very safe

Stock Intel cooler, 120cm on the back of the case and seasonic psu. maybe it needsreseating, I usual scrap the thermal past on with a card so it ain't too thick. Now not sure about these push through coolers, its on tight to me but I wonder if they can be removed only so many times. I may go and buy a new one tomorrow, depends on what the store has and if I can find one that fits on this board. I know for sure it was cooler the first time I put the pc together, but the cpu has been out 2 times already.

I will look in to this as its got me mystified.

Thanks again,

Martin

Hi Lsdmeasap, Had a look on line for a cooler and found the scythe mine would fit this board, had a problem as I use a antec case so not much head room above the cpu to the psu. I read a few reviews, come to the same conclusion as you did, intel stock coolers suck, well they don't cool that's for sure.

Anyway, lashed in the new cooler, also got a 500 w seasonic psu as old akasa one was rated at 400w but was 4 years old.

I've been converting a 1gb avi to dvd with nero for the last 30 minutes and core temp reports 45c........ 45c !!! well that's 13c to 15c off the stock cooler !! and its 30c Idle and I cant hear it, so that's a bonus.

I had to use a rather long driver to put in the top left screw on the board, but being a tool fanatic I had one at hand Ive attached an image to show the new cooler in case anyone is worried if one will fit...... it does !!

Once again, thanks for all the advice, sure was a good thing when I found this place.

martop
    Attached Images Attached Images E6550 voltage and core speed ??-picture1-jpg 

Superb!!!

Good choice for your case, and those are good temps now! Good to see you up and running COOLER! If you need anymore help, as you know feel free to post!

Whats your idle temps like? Just asking, that load temp is very good! And as you probably already know fan choice with that cooler will also make a difference as well

Idle its running at 30 to 33c system is 35c so a big improvement. All I need to do now is replace the fan on the back of the case, its an old fan that's held with wallplugs ! every time I go to the pc store I forget to pick one up, that's the only fan in my case that's audible.

Thanks again,

martop

Nice temps!!

Fans, I personally use AeroCool XtremeTurbine's (Not the 3000 Model, the 89.39 CFM models), they are Very nice looking, and push a TON of air and are not loud when doing so despite what some users say

I have a suggestion for you, helps alot in sound area with fans, I use them upfront and in back and helped alot in overall sound and vibration. There is several types of these things, but I have found these to be the nicest >>>
    moddersmart.com | 888.333.4942 | mod/smart - Air Cooling :: Cooling Fans :: Fan Accessories :: Silencing/Anti-vibration :: Coolink Anti-Vibration Bolts

They do ship internationally.

Or here are some ebay listing for them

Ebay Worldwide

Ebay UK

Or here I found some in your Country >>

LinITX.com - Coolink Anti-Vibration Fan Bolts
    Coolink Anti-Vibration Bolts 12-Pack

But surely if you are interested you know better then my where to shop there, I dont even know what VAT is or how much a Eruro to USD is

Thanks for those links to those silicone fan mounts, there just the job. got a store over here called the cooling shop that sells all the parts you listed and they quite reasonable for delivery, some stores here charge more for delivery than what the parts cost ! Your lucky if you don't know what VAT is..... its got to be one of the worst rip off's any one ever invented. I had high hopes of using this pc for a while today but as usual, other things get in the way, will install cod4 and give it a go, though only got a 7600GT, its got a silent cooler on it, but I stuck a 80cm fan on just to cool it, noise ain't so bad as its run off a fan controller and only does about 400 revs but it works.

Thanks again for all your help :-)

martop

Yeah, I paid more for shipping for those as well! I was going to wait until I bought more at the store so shipping was at least justified but I didnt find anything I wanted at the time and ordered anyway!

Good luck and glad you are running smoother and cooler now!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information